X-Carve started shipping early - TODAY!

Do you mean you are 26 March? I’m 25 April. Unless I’m reading it wrong, mine isn’t due out until the week of 25 May. Actually the “today” on that chart is 24 April, so I might even be later than that.

Come on guys - all hands to the loading dock, chop-chop. Grab a box, grab some tape, and get to packing! We’ll have a contest and the one who packs the most orders gets to do wheelies in the parking lot with the forklift.

1 Like

Whoops! Totally misread the date there. Mine was a March order. I am a big dummyface poopypants. :blush:

I just need to know when I am supposed to start developing a stomach flu so I will be home when my package arrives, LOL.

3 Likes

I think that’s called CNCitisand the only cure is end milll infusion therapy!

1 Like

Just got my shipping notice. Order date March 16th. Time to start switching days off next week. I ordered the waste board components earlier back in April, and it took 6 days from the shipping email to arrive for all the California folks wondering.

I know that my Apr 24th ship date was May 25th…20 more days plus shipping. But seeing all these shipping notices and first cuts…I’m just DYING.

There totally needs to be a “bribe with beer” cart option to get moved up on the list. :slight_smile: There would be CASES of beer for all Inventables staff for a long time to come.

1 Like

Hear hear, Alan! :laughing: Cripes, they wouldn’t be able to ship because the whole building would be full of beer!

Welcome to inventable S hickup how can we *passes out

1 Like

I guess you’re right… -sad-

Guess I have to suck it up and wait. Even if my “ideas” pinterest board how has 200 projects queued up.

Oh Man! My order is here in New Zealand.

I received the waste board… now if the other packages will just clear customs I can get started. Being patient is hard sometimes. :smile:

3 Likes

Man, that must be torture having the wasteboard sitting there and nothing else :smile:

Mine is in transit too, can’t wait.

Interesting to see that the boxes got split up. Did they all ship on the same day ?

1 Like

They all shipped the same day and they all arrived in NZ the same day, but customs here in New Zealand flags items over a certain value and or with certain content and holds them for anywhere up to 72 hours before either clearing them to be delivered or requiring fees/taxes to be paid for their release. I was at least able to get a little done while waiting for the rest of the machine.

I dread to imagine what the cost of shipping the waste-board to NZ was, but it looks nicer than what I expect my cost-saving homemader will end up like.

I got my shipping email today, X-Carve is on the way. Just FYI, I ordered on March 18th.

1 Like

I ordered March 19th. Tracking just showed up in my inbox :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh I’m the 25th ship Damn you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha Joe I feel your pain, but its subsiding with each passing day because I know my order is on its way. But to help ease your pain I offer you this. When I looked at ship dates and order dates of people posting, it looked to me that Inventables is shipping orders in 2-3 day blocks. IE They shipped orders placed on March 17th, 18th, and 19th on the same day. This is what I was seeing on the limited info I have. It would also depend on how many orders were placed on a particular day. I would guess if you placed an order on the 25th then you would see an email ship notice in the next 3-4 business days. So I would guess either Mon or Tues you will get an email.

While waiting for my X-Carve to ship, I decided to order extra router bits and some various materials to have on hand for the Big Day. Even with all the craziness that must be going on getting all the machines kitted up and sent out, and the fact that I ordered over the weekend, that small order arrived at my door just now after a mere 4 working days. As carefully as my order was packed, I think it could have survived anything short of being directly run over by the delivery truck - and it may very well have weathered that without being a total loss.

@Zach_Kaplan - please, please let your picking/shipping folks know that they are doing an awesome job all around!

3 Likes

Houston we have tracking numbers

Hey @TimothyHanson thanks! Many of them read this forum and your thoughts, encouragement, and appreciation is well received. I was working with them in the warehouse almost every day this week working on the process and thinking through ways we can do it faster. We are timing each part of the process and rotating the team so everyone learns how to do each part. We are learning as we go and have some strategies and redesigns of the process that we think will increase our speed. I will tell you that at the end of each day everyone is exhausted, it’s a full workout. Those 1000mm waste boards are HEAVY.

Today we put all our 3d printer filament on sale for $5 a spoil to clear out more space for X-Carve. Our warehouse is packed and we decided that it was more important to ship faster and clear out the 3D printer filament. We are focused on 3D carving. When the filament is gone it will give us some room to set up better stations to do X-Carve faster.

Keep your eyes out for those tracking numbers. More on the way!

3 Likes