X-Carve Workspace Showcase

There is a lot of information on the forum about this. But having said that, if I remember correctly, get a fish scale and with the scale in the center of the belt lift one inch. The scale should read approximately 4 1/2 lbs. please verify by checking the forum. Also, other on the forum, please confirm

1 Like

Great storage cart idea !!! Would you be willing to share your cut sizes or plans if you wrote them down ??? Big thanks if you could.

Completed assembly, all the parts were there. Made the first carve and a second. I have much to learn. I used my cheapest pine plywood and it still turned out pretty good,

“G”

3 Likes

Finally received my Dust System and have it mocked up in place in relation to my enclosure.

Drawing up a bracket to print for the upper hose assembly to structurally support it by bolting to the 80/20 frame. The lower hose assembly will swivel around inside as it pleases.
The hose above the enclosure is press fit on so that I can detach and clean up within the enclosure.

Intend to purchase the IOT relay (v2) and mount it on the backside of the X controller.
Also, I have the Misumi frame extrusion and will be replacing out the bed with it shortly.
I’m considering doing a belt upgrade, but can’t decide which path to choose.

Otherwise a few odds and ends to button up and I’m overall extremely satisfied with the whole setup.
:blush:

9 Likes

Very sharp enclosure. Well done. Can we see more pics? I want to see the door mechanism. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks! There’s a couple more here pre-dust setup.

Two alloy hinges on the right side.
Left side has the single toggle clamp with a couple adapter plates I fabricated.
I wanted the door to be sturdy and the clamp mechanism to be simple and strong.
Door seal is some adhesive backed weatherstrip material from Home Depot.

1 Like

Couple photos I took today.
An inside detail of the door and a look at the 3D printed bracket I’m testing out for the tubing.
So far so good on the bracket - this was a quick print in PLA to check fitment.

4 Likes

It looks great, but if I may ask what’s the intent of the enclosure - for me at least the dust boot works very well on its own, so did you do this for noise control, safety, or to catch that remaining dust?

usually all of the above. Im building one because xcarve+vacuum is way too loud.

D) All of the above

Dust/debris is main concern. It resides within a closet in my apartment. Sound and safety are also factors.

It’s really nice knowing everything is contained.

I can pickup and move the whole assembly to work on it if needed (getting heavy though!)

1 Like

As we just learned from another post, don’t leave alone for too long if at all. You never know what will happen!!
-though i have one question whats the difference between what you built and the Carvey? its pretty much the same thing now, with the exception of your own personal touches

I’m never happy haha @JeffreySBeebyJr

Build volume mostly and capabilities. I would have liked to grab the 750mm X Carve but it wouldn’t have fit in the desired location (closet)

Finally getting my xcarve 2 setup next to its older siblng.

Might bould a room around them for noise.

1 Like

lol . SF

Looks kinda like my shop after my 30 y.o. kid gets done with one of his projects! Time for me to change the locks.

This my new build a 1000 x 1000 which went extremely well thanks to the help of some very good instructions from Inventables and some great you tubers !! Make my share of learning curve mistakes and this is definitely a slight challenge for someone who has absolutely no hardcore CAD or electronics experience. I have found that Easel has been a very user friendly program for me to learn and navigate and have been pleased. thought i would add some photos of the current workspace.

2 Likes

I have been searching for a Drafting table for the same purpose…
just got a Mayline Futur-matic yesterday… I am a little worried about the manual table tilt and getting it to lay flat when needed. My plan is to add an underside bench so that when I flip the cnc back I still have a work area and it takes up less room.

Order my X-Carve on November 24th and it should be shipping tomorrow. (I hope) In the mean time, I built this table for it.

Can’t wait to get started

7 Likes

Looks nice, sturdy, and clean. I was wondering what the lights or buttons are for on the front?

Power Switches for the X-Carve, Spindle, Computer, Vacuum, Compressor, and Auxiliary

1 Like