X-controller Problems

this is crazy. everybody have this problem. these are the back order X-controllers. maybe something happened. they might be all bad. they need to build and test them. before they ship them. that way. they know which ones are good.

Should be the same fix. Make sure you post back once resolved.

Do you have/know how to use a voltmeter?

i have one here. if you want to show me how to use it. that would be cool.

Difficult to do on the forum. I would hesitate a bit as using it incorrectly can mess things up.

1 Like

I wish I had one of those two controllers. I’d really like to get to the bottom of this.

@MarkADefrancesco did you get a multi-meter?

I got one of the backorder X-Controllers as well, but haven’t had time to assemble everything yet. I really hope it’s not a widespread issue with the most recent shipments…

from what i see. it might be case. a lot of people are having the same problem. i been on the phone with them for hours. till they open this morning. till they was on lunch break. no luck yet. now im on here looking for help. this cnc is one day old. with 2mins of used time lol…smh. starting to see why people spend 10-15k on a already made cnc. when it leaves the company. they know it works.

that would be nice

If that was all it was though, it would be easy enough to jump it out and have the controller run.

1 Like

I think the thought is that using the E-stop is causing some damage. One person already bypassed the E-stop and it still didn’t work.

1 Like

you right about that.

https://discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/2/e/2eaebce5b4cfa82ceb44829d26595cdfdb818a88.mp4

i really dnt know. it could be. i have one of the new back order ones. plus this is my first CNC. so im new at this. i build computers more complicated then this. and never had a problem. soo im lose here. you more of a master to me. on the X-carve.

https://discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/f/7fc3c8be45883c49d39b728d23b1e030d222ccdc.mp4

i did. i was on the for with them for 3 hours. they said they will build it for me. and make sure it works. then ship it to me. im just sick of waiting. i want to have fun now…lol

1 Like

Not yet… currently on hold with the support person. To be continued… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

When you plugged it in last time, did the front LED come on? If you open Easel, does the Carve button go green?

Just got off the phone. the guy told me they’ve had multiple calls with the same issue. He is wondering if it is a bad solder joint somewhere on the board. They are overnighting me a new board to try. He said they’ll test it in house before they ship it so it won’t get sent today, but tomorrow with Wednesday delivery. HOPEFULLY that works and I’ll be up and running Wednesday night. Because like @BerliseColeman I too want to start having fun now!!!