XCarve stops randomly

I was having a similar problem but for a very different cause.

I recently switched to a tinyG controller and chillypeppr and have been having good results. I was trying to do a very simple carve of a cut file I had used before no problem, but the carve kept crashing. The XC shutting down completely, even shutting off the spindle (that should have been a big hint to me)

After 8 crashes resets or sometimes full re-boots I sort of finished the carve. The alignment errors from restarting made things not and nice as I would have liked but I worked with it. I was more worried that I may have a bad controller that the messed up cut.

Later, after thinking about it, I realized it was most likely a limit switch alarm and shutdown.
I was used to UGS actual listing an alarm error message when this happened. Apparently Chillypeppr or tinyG does not? Or at least not in a way I recognize.

Testing it, I air cut the file and tripped a switch. Sure enough, shutdown and lock up, same as before. I was not aware of anything having changed but I guess I was getting some noise on the switch wires? So I when into settings and disabled the limit switch function, setting it for homing only. I will have to do some more cuts and see if that fixed my issue.