A few projects using VCarve Pro

Yes you can use all the same hardware no changes are needed.
UGS is sending the gcode that vCarve creates to your Arduino / Grbl controller

what about the port, you know that there is a program already install in the ardunio which match easel program, if I need to work with vcarve , what I should install to match ardunio.

You better keep using Easel. It’s getting better and better. You can do anything just what you want. When time comes, you start learning differences between drawing software, ports, what Arduino does, you’ll learn. Don’t worry about Allen or me now. We paid too much for nothing.

I can not do 3d in easel, I see many 3d design in vcarve,

UGS will connect to the USB port and the Arduino. Just tell UGS what the port number is and have it use 115200 baud.

You then use UGS to open the gocde file you create with Vcarve

Then Zero out the X-Carve (UGS will allow you to jog the spindle in X Y and Z)

Once you are zeroed (for Work and Machine coordinates) just click the send button on UGS and the X-Carve will start carving.

Here is the link to download UGS http://bit.ly/1hftIhy

Alan has a good point, you may want to continue with Easel for a while until you have mastered everything it can do (the list is growing bigger each day).

i need java to install UGS 2.0.

Yes you do

wher i find that to oper jar file

Just google “Java download”

Can we use vcarve to desgin and send it to easel for carve

I guess you could design a project in Vcarve and then export an svg from Vcarve and then Import the svg and vectorize it in Easel and then create a new toolpath in Easel, But you are missing the entire point of using Vcarve.

It just does not make any sense at all.

I don’t understand the last sentence, can you please tell me what is wrong.

you can design projects and create SVGs with free software such as inkscape. there wouldnt be much sense in buying Vcarve to do such a thing

Vcarve is used to create designs which use V cutters, which pretty much no other program does (barring a few examples ~Fengrave for instance) Vcarve also can do 2D designs and create gcode for 3d designs

if all you require is basic 2D simple designs you can most likely use inkscape and easel

So if need to do 3d desgin I have to buy v bit

Nope, a vbit will do a great job engraving letters and designs. If you want to design true 3D objects you will need Aspire or Fusion 360 or a similar solid object modeler,

You should probably start with Sketchup and see what is required to design a true 3D object.

After you design the 3D object you will still need to figure out a way to generate a tool path that can actually carve it, If you have overhangs then it will be impossible to do it in one piece.

i need any article or video about set up UGS

Yep, go google it.

1 Like

I use vcarve pro , I make a design and save it.I do not know which type of file can ugc recognize.

UGS will send any gcode file

You will need to save out the GCode files in order to load them into UGS. Here is a writeup on how to save toolpaths in VCarve Pro.

You will also want to make sure you have the post processor files for the X-Carve. You can grab them here - They are on the right side just below where you would add the product to the shopping cart.

Hope this helps

Blair