Any interest in a Makita RT0701 spindle mount for X-Carve

Sounds great. Looking forward to this, John. Are you still going for sub $100 for the mount?

I have not Craig, I’ll look today and see. I have 12 sets being made and those look to all spoken for at the moment…

Thanks John. I had registered via the link you provided and was just wondering if I made the cut. :smile:

Just got back from the shop and picked up a box!

-John

1 Like

So here is the list of who will be getting them this batch:

Helge Dokken
Jyrki Partanen
Anders Rinvoll
Jim Benedetto
Tony Lorentzen
Tai Chan
Michael Merzke
Alan Davis
Gary Fissel
Craig Stueve
Joe Garritano
James E. (who ever you are ;-))

Some of you in that list have already been invoiced, others have not, I will be doing that tonight, so be on the lookout for an email from Paypal. If you have not received an email by tomorrow, contact me ASAP. Please pay promptly if you can. If you can’t pay or are no longer interested, please contact me ASAP so we can work something out, or I can get your order to someone else. I’ll be shipping them out Monday and I won’t ship what has not been paid for. If you don’t pay and neglect to contact me by Monday, you will forfeit your order and it will go to the next person in the waiting line. Sorry, but I just don’t have the time to deal all that…

Cheers,

John

2 Likes

Yes, Craig, you made the cut :wink:

Payment has been sent.

1 Like

I somehow missed Jeremy Cole, who should have been first in that list… Sorry but that means James E. (who ever you are), will not be getting one this order… sorry but I got to keep the list order or my brain will fry

Paid in full :smile:

Ok, so you guys are all “flag” post happy… I don’t get it? Because I posted names? No clue here, really…

If I have not received payment by now, I’ll be canceling the order and give it to the next in line.

John

2 Likes

Wasn’t me - I’m just psyched to get my mount :wink:

1 Like

I have 10 mounts all packaged up and ready to ship out Monday, including three going to Norway, one to Finland, and one to Denmark. The remainder are USA bound. Those international packages will have some “special marking” that should assist you in getting your package at your end. Hope it helps.

I’ll be sending these out around noon my time tomorrow.

Some Notes on Assembly:
The fit of the Makita router is tight! I would assemble the lower half of the router bracket to the base plate first, then get the top bracket very loosely screwed in place. Insert the router, getting it aligned as you wish. Once its where you want it, tighten the top bracket bolts…

Just a quick note, as of right now, I have two mounts without a home. If your interested, fill out the form and let me know here.

-John

I thought Rasmus had signed up. Try him, maybe?

He did! How I missed that I don’t know. My method of keeping track of who wants them, leaves a lot to be desired ;-). I emailed him just now.

Great! Hehe - you owe me one, Rasmus. Great guy - met with him the other day :slight_smile:

Sounds good John :+1:t2::grinning: do you have some shipping info for tracking ?

Yes, that is the most needed info. Tracking numbers John.

Ok guys, a bit of an update… I have all the US packages shipped, that was the easy part. The international orders is another thing…

When I first looking to shipping packages internationally, I was told by our wonderful post office that USPS Priority mail would be the best way, would include tracking, etc. Well as it turns out, when I went there to ship them out it was a different story. turns out they wanted almost $30 per package. She also said that the package would NOT be tracked, that if I wanted tracking I needed to use there “Global select” or some such service which, you guess it, is WAY more expensive ( but heck you would have it in 4-6 days). The cheapest option is simple First Class mail - which is about $20/package. I’ve got enough (just) built into the price of the mounts to cover this costs so thats what I’m planning on using. They won’t make it out today but will go out tomorrow. The downside is that the international orders won’t have tracking, mostly because it adds $$$ to the cost.

I’m really very sorry about the delays in getting this stuff out guys. Really… I’ve never really done international orders like this and I thought I did my homework but its really a pain in the butt. Sorry again.

I have tracking info for the USA orders that I’ll post later today. You should all have yours by friday though.