Any interest in a Makita RT0701 spindle mount for X-Carve

Damn - thought mine had gone out 3 days ago and was hoping I might have it this week. I don’t have a problem sending you another $20 to get faster shipping and the ability to track it. Regular USPS shipping to here takes 2-3 weeks and I can’t wait for that long, unfortunately. Any chance you can expedite mine along quicker? Thanks again John.

I’ll see what I can do for you Tony. Ill do something. Don’t worry about the cost. This is my screwup.

I’m just really frustrated with all this. Our us postal service is a joke.

1 Like

I was at the post office today and the woman behind the counter shouted an an old lady, “SMALLER DOESNT MAKE IT CHEAPER! NOW we can’t put our LABELS on it.”

Then she shouted at some dude for whom English was clearly a second language and just wanted to know how to mail a package home.

My turn in line. I pointed at her and said, “NOT you! Get someone else out here NOW.” And they did. No wonder they struggle to make ends meet. She was really hating life, her job and everyone who wanted to mail a package today. I hate it when people suck the life out of your day.

5 Likes

I agree! What’s with people like that, just want to take down as many people as the can with them! Good job asking for another employee!

1 Like

@JohnScherer The mount arrived at the office today and I put it on the table during a staff meeting. People are irresistably drawn to shiny metal. Everyone had to play with it and speculate on its purpose.

I explained that this was a very complicated sub-assembly of an even more complicated machine and that they were unlikely to fully understand.

It was cool.

1 Like

[quote=“Earwigger, post:131, topic:10759, full:true”]
@JohnScherer The mount arrived at the office today and I put it on the table during a staff meeting.[/quote]

Oh, so these mounts actually exist? I wasn’t that sure anymore.

I paid 44 days ago. That’t a little bit more than 24 hours. I can not imagine how this could have been handled any worse than this.

How to reply to this…

1st, you PAID 44 days ago, I didn’t get the mounts 44 days ago so that your trying to insinuate is not exactly true… I’ve only had the mounts in my hands for 7 days.

2nd:

I’m doing all of this as a favor to ALL of you who ordered them. I don’t have to do this, I choose to. There was enough of you who wanted them and I had someone who could do the machine work for me… Seemed like a good idea.

I’m not a machinist, I’m not an engineer, just a fellow X-Carve owner who wanted to help the community. The machinist doing the work is doing it in between is “real” work for the military. I have no control over his timeframe. He can tell me 2-weeks and get a big job come in for the military and guess whos work gets put on hold… mine. I was ok with that because we got a break on material costs.

I was trying to do these at my cost but the international shipping on these makes it so I’m actually loosing $10 on each international order. I’m also ok with that because its my own screwup. But I’m not even taking into account my own time involved in this project. If I had, the price would have been a lot more. I’ll bet I have 30 or 40 hours (maybe more) into this… Whats YOUR time worth?

I tried to update everyone here as much as I could. Could it have been better? Sure. I would like to think everything I do could be done better. I’m not perfect, I know this, so therefor, yes things could always be better. It must be nice to be perfect, but I’m not and never will be.

This may be the last batch of these mounts I’ll be doing here… We will see if there is enough demand

3 Likes

Some of us are actually super happy and appreciative you’re doing this - I hope the unfortunate and rather unappreciative post above doesn’t take that away from you John. I hope he never backs a Kickstarter project. I just lost over $300 in the Zano drone project that collapsed a few days ago… Money I paid over a year ago. Oh well - cheers John. You rock!

1 Like

@JohnScherer

The mount showed up today and it looks great.
Thanks again John.

1 Like

I’d love to buy one of these mounts but exchange rate and the cost of shipping make it too expensive.
Looks good though!

1 Like

Just want to say nice, set of mounts John!! Fit and finish is very nice!!

1 Like

Yeah, received my mount today as well. Super lovely parts - can’t wait to get it mounted to my X-Carve and try it out with the Makita! Thanks for making these @JohnScherer !

1 Like

Any pictures Dennis? Yours should be fully mounted an operational by now :wink:

I will take some tonight and post ASAP!! Haven’t been in the shop for three months now. Diabetes caused bleeds on my retinas and vision is not good. Should clear but Dr. said it could take a while…maybe up to a year!! :frowning:

Not good Dennis, take care of your a1c levels!. I’ve lost family members to diabetes!

Geoff

I may be wrong but I think that John can provide you with a set of drawings for the mount that you could get machined where you live. You may have to make minor changes to reflect metric material but that is not hard to do.

Dave
Ariel, WA

John -

Are you going to run another batch of mounts? I would love to get my hands on one.

And I almost forgot, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah John, are you going to run another batch of mounts? I just signed up on your form.

Are there any other parts that we would need to get from inventables? Things like a second optional delrin nut and maybe an extra pair of roller wheels. I was reading through the list but lost track of things.

I would like to have the extra mounting hardware that you can provide. Would save me time having to find the items.

Thank you for putting forth the effort to help everyone out.

Martin

1 Like

If I get another 12 or more committed orders, I’ll order another batch. The mounts are provided with the hardware necessary to assemble the mount itself, with the addition of longer bolts for the standard four v-wheels. The optional components (second delrin nut, additional v-wheels and spacers…) I don’t supply. Inventables sells all the optional parts however.

If I can get 12 committed orders, I’ll do another round of mounts. Make sure to add your name to the form in the 1st post