Any interest in a Makita RT0701 spindle mount for X-Carve

If you’ve received your mount, I’ld like to here your thoughts and I’d love to see pictures! I’ve heard from a few of you but there are still a few that have not spoken up.

Cheers

@JohnScherer, it’s pretty awesome. A perfect addition to “Son of X-Carve.” What kind of aluminum did they use on these things? I had to do some modification and it was 10x easier to work this aluminum than the stuff I am using.

Had to recess the holes for the router clamp:

Than add four holes to attach the plate to my new Z axis (which came with threaded holes in a bearing block).

Then slip in the router like a boss:

This machine is like a block of iron. Of course it only has a 10 x 17" cutting area and right now can only mill 1/2" stock. But I won’t be able to test it on aluminum until (and if) my Elaire collet ever arrives.

2 Likes

Wow, the thing has arrived :smile:

It looks and feels very solid and nice. Looking forward to be able to use it. For the moment all of my electronics parts are all over the place. I’m building a X-Controller. Waiting for a lot of gadgets before the controller can be finished.

One little problem. What is the dimension of the large Allen key for the Makita bracket screws? None of my mm Allens fit the head. I have to find/buy an inch size one somewhere.

EDIT:
Uhps, the Allen key is found. It was hiding for me among papers and plastic.
Thanx for good service :smile:

1 Like

Here’s a photo of mine mounted. Have had a couple of spins with it on but I need to stiffen up the X-axis before doing more because of the added weight.

4 Likes

Thanx for posting pictures guys! Looks great!

1 Like

The thing is assembled and mounted. It’s great and super and… yeah, you know, perfect :smile:

I’m not sure how high or low the Makita should be mounted in the bracket, but that will come after some testing.

3 Likes

Looks awesome! HOW DID YOU GET A WHITE MAKITA!! It must be like the rare northern white rhinoceros! I want this, but it was hard enough getting the regular one!

1 Like

Ooooh that is shiny!

Time to make dust clouds and cover the bookshelf in MDF debris!

2 Likes

Hey… You can add 3rd set of wheels on this mount?

Hehe, soon, but first my X-Controller must be finished :smile:

1 Like

Jepp, three set of wheels an two delrin nuts.

1 Like

You added a second Delrin?

1 Like

I’m special so of course I got a white one :wink: He he - not sure but I could choose between the regular green one and white. May be a European special edition? :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I have two delrin nuts :smile:

1 Like

Yes you Can Ebr…

Thanks for all the pictures guys! Its really cool to see these mount being used! Keep them coming. Videos would be cool too!

Just found the box in my mailbox, thanks! I was surprised that I didn’t have to declare this. The last time a package from the US did not get stuck in the customs was in 2008. The X-Carve is still unassembled in boxes. I should be able to start the assembly tomorrow night.

3 Likes

Happy happy happy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe

Received mine today and it looks just xxx,this is the real deal.

Thank you so much John for the great job you have done with this project.

Will put up some pics/vids when I get it mounted,hopefully this week :yum:

Thank you John :+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

Ding! I’ve signed up for one!

We wants some precious too! :smile:

3 Likes

My first run worked out good :smile:

Here is a couple of vids,the first with a 1/16 bit the second with a 1/8 :smile:

2 Likes