Auto Zero all 3 axis at one time

I am indeed. Initially I didn’t plan too because milling aluminum is such a pain. I have since gotten the milling down so I can get it done with a good result. I sold the last one of the first batch yesterday but if there is interest, I will make more.

I’ve seen Mach 3 versions sell online for $77.00. I am asking $30.00 plus shipping which is $6.80 to US addresses using the small USPS Flat Rate Priority Box offered by the US Post Office. I send the Aluminum Touch Plate, G-Code Generator Spread Sheet, Banana Plug, Alligator Clip, a CD with a User Manual, Wiring diagram, and Video demos.

The G-Code Generator is an Excel spreadsheet that generates the g-code for any size cutter. It works for both inch measurements and metric. The latest version (version 4) includes a stepper calibration page with a instructional video on the cd.

I invoice through PayPal or will accept a check/money order through the mail. If your interested my email is charleyntexas@gmail.com. I can make more today and ship as early as tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest,

Charley

Hey Charley, without wanting to make this a walk down memory lane, I also participated in Kangaroo 3 as the Marine Engineering Officer on HMAS Stalwart and the last time I enjoyed a XXXX was last Sunday. Oh by the way, without trying to be a smarty - from the Gold Coast to Perth is about 2,800 miles!!
Could I please buy the “Gadget” from you as well. I am happy to cover all costs of shipping etc.
My direct email is jamaz_b@bigpond.com if you don’t want to clutter up the forum with our discussions.
Look forward to hearing from you again.
Regards, James

Put me down for one, just sent you an email! Thanks Charley, you’re making all our lives easier

You are on the list and just waiting for confirmation from you.

Thanks,

Charley

You should have received an reply to your email. If not let me know. I will have one ready to send to you by tomorrow. Plan to make several today.

Charley

Help, the four of us are looking for a good home. We are all from the same family but are willing to go our separate ways in search of new homes. We all promise to set your X Y and Z axis to a perfect zero every time. To make it even better we will do all three axis with one command. We are magic like that! Contact Charley if you would like to get us away from Charley’s relentless scrutiny. We are ready to jump right in to a US Post Office small flat rate box and pack up our CD that has videos, a User Manual, G-Code Generator Spreadsheet, Stepper Calibration Spreadsheet, a Wiring Guide, and some pre made g-code. We each have a banana plug and alligator clip to keep us company. We can leave tomorrow and be at your house in about 3 days if you live in the US. So send Charley an email and he will send you the adoption papers through PayPal. The cost of adoption is $36.80 which includes shipping in the US. I think two of my brothers are spoken for but that has not been confirmed yet. But there are for sure two of still looking for a new home. What a deal! Charley’s email is charleyntexas@gmail.com. We look forward to meeting you.

5 Likes

Ok, I’m down to one left. I will be making more so don’t worry if you miss out today.

Charley

1 Like

I sent details, should be good to go .

As of 04/06/2016 I have sold all the completed kits. I will start on the next batch tomorrow as soon as I shipped out everything I have sold. I will post again as soon as more are available. Probably tomorrow evening. If you would like to get one go ahead and email me and I will put you on the list and fill orders first come first serve. PayPal seems to be the choice payment method for everyone and even though they take their share, it does make it easier on me. So I will continue to send PayPal invoices upon request.
My email is charleyntexas@gmail.com

Thanks

Charley Thomas

I have moved this to the For Sale Section since I am now selling them and thought that was a more appropriate place to list it.

Thank you to all that have already purchased this and I look forward to hearing your success stories.

Charley

Charley,

i finished my upgrade from shapeoko to X-carve.

I used your exel sheet to zero all my 3 axis in UGS.

I have a small problem. The x and y axis work very well.
The z axis is the problem. After the bit touching the y side off the plate the z-axis does not raise first but starts lowering directly. my touch plate is 10mm thick. See my measurements. Am i doinig it correctly?

The commas as a decimal separator is causing your problem. GRBL requires periods instead.

3 Likes

I completely agree with [quote=“picengravertoo, post:93, topic:20534, full:true”]
The commas as a decimal separator is causing your problem. GRBL requires periods instead.
[/quote]

I also noticed that you are using a very old version of the G-Code Generator which can also cause an issue. I recommend that you download version 6 which is on the Triquetra User page. The version you are using can sometimes run the x in the wrong direction under certain conditions.

Charley

1 Like

I made a account but it says account is pending.
Thank you both for the answers.

Your all hooked up now. You should have access.

Charley

Hi Charley, the version I have of the G-Code generator effectively runs the X in the wrong direction going away from my stop block!
I’m new to G-Code and I can’t stop scratching my head on this one.
Serge

Are you using Mach3 by chance?

No Charley,
I’m using UGS with my x-Carve

can you email me a copy of the g-code file you are using to charleyntexas@gmail.com please

sure, I’ll do this tonight as I’m in the office now. it’s 8:34 am here