Aztec Star Wars dial

I have the SVG file I modified from the DXF. I tried to upload the SVG file, but the message I received was "the size of the image could not be determined" If anyone knows how I can share the SVG file, I’ll be glad to do it. I have attached a copy of it in Illustrator.

I believe the upload only pertains to JPGs? The only changes I have made are I added and outer ring for cutting it out as a circle and I sized it in Illustrator for approximately 24 inches. The original is approximately 300 inches. I plan on cutting this in easel soon.

1 Like

zip up the SVG file

last time some one converted my dxf file into an svg they made a total mess of it, 2000+ layers took over 10minutes to open and looked like crap, hope yours is better

Here is the SVG file of the calendar zip’d. I hope this works. (Thanks Stephen for the advise of making it a zip file, it took)

2 Likes

Your welcome as it did that to me and zipping it worked.

Is there a cleaner version of the SVG file for the Star Wars Aztec Calendar out there? I used the laser to burn the SVG version and noticed lots of “wobbly” lines, which at first I thought might be my set up. However, once I loaded it into CorelDRAW, I noticed that there’s way too many nodes on those shapes which gives them the wobbly appearance. I’m guessing that someone did a bitmap trace to generate the vectors.

I thought briefly of cleaning it up, but there’s about 2100 separate elements in there, and I don’t have that kind of time (or dedication) to clean them up.

Don

Well Don, it is impossible for an SVG to be wobbly unless you went through another converter program or the laser program is inducing noise. The SVG and my original AI files are vectors, therefore, any enlargement or reduction results in ZERO loss as the vector lines are mathamatical formulas and are not size dependent. I hope you get a clean version, you can try the SVG I uploaded today. Good Luck!

Aztec calender.7z (438.4 KB)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for that Aztec Calendar file, the Star Wars one that Andy uploaded (a few messages above - Thanks Andy!!) is much cleaner than the SVG I currently have. The one I got may have been from the X-Carve Facebook group, and that one has thousands of extra nodes, which makes things “wobbly”. A lot of the square/rectangular bits on the other one have 8-12 nodes, when they should only have a max of 4.

I was able to get a 1600 x 1600 clean bitmap of the Star Wars calendar and am currently using the laser to etch it into a piece of MDF. It’s about 14 1/2" in diameter, and has a few hours to go.

Don

I think Phil had a good star wars version.

Ok I wasn’t gonna share my copy because I am not the original creator of the artwork, but since there are now multiple versions being shared, i might as well post mine.

I’m not sure how it compares to the others, but I feel mine is pretty good quality.
Let me know.
I did add 1 outline around Kylo Ren to get him to invert colors, but you could delete that path if you don’t want that.

3 Likes

Some cool stuff right there… Thanks to all that are sharing.

1. damp rag with? —2hrs that’s good
    what size of bit did you enter on easel?
    which is better 60* or 90*?

Easel cannot cut this design it is V-carved

Water
Did not use Easel - I used VCarve Desktop
I used a 60 degree vbit. I never tried it with a 90.

Technically yes it can but your not using easel your just using it as a g-code sender , he asked what bit to enter in easel that’s why I said it can’t be cut in easel I guess I should say the job can’t be set up in easel you must use a cam program capable of v-carve toolpaths.

Easel cannot move the bit up and down like a v-carve does for the paths. If it could that would be a great improvement.

1 Like

So they added Vcarving to Easel now?

oh. hehe its been a while since I even used Easel.
:stuck_out_tongue:

i will be using a 60* vbit on 1/2" mdf.
this was imported as svg to easel, if this is wrong kindly show/give a step by step diy.