Best Dust Shoe / Boot Design EVER ! "Suckit"

Yeah, $350 is more than I want to spend. Bunnings has ‘shop vacs’ for around $100 but I suspect they are super noisy.

I think I. Missing something does some one sell this dust boot? Or is there plans out here somewhere?

@TonyRamirez It was a kickstarter but is now sold through their website - http://www.suckitdustboot.com/

3 Likes

I’m of two minds about that, I think. My current one has two inch bristles, and it clears my clamping. I will need to adjust my hold-down method for only a 1" bristle. On the other hand, less bristles means less gap for the air to come in through, so the suction should be better!

I can’t wait to give mine a try! No shipping yet, but I was in the second group of 50, so I’d guess next week some time I’ll be seeing it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shop Vacs works if you can design/buy cyclone dust collector to keep your vacuum filter clean.
Only major problem is the time of running shop vacuum is very short. You must stop and wait for to cool down.

Hi There, are there Suck-It’s still available, and if so would you be prepared to ship to South Africa?

1 Like

@WarrenKrummeck You’ll probably get a quicker answer if you ask on the Suckit website. http://www.suckitdustboot.com/

Thanks Geoff

Hey Darryl… I’ll have to create one. I’ll email you something later today…

No worries if you don’t, I can always whip one up, just thought I would ask…

Good to see that most people are getting these to work. Mine doesn’t come in until next month (I’m in the second batch). Time to order my dust collector I guess:

For less than that, you can get the Harbor freight 2 HP model. With a super coupon, the price is $169.00.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-industrial-5-micron-dust-collector-97869.html

I’ve seen that, but my space is at a premium and I need a solution I can hang on the wall and this seems to be the best option for that.

Alternately, I could but a Festool or Fein dust extractor to put under a table, but they are VERY expensive.

how does 149.00 sound?
http://www.harborfreight.com/13-gallon-industrial-portable-dust-collector-31810.html

Do they have a wall mount for that? I don’t see one. I seems to have casters/wheels.

I know this is a conversation that people have gone around and around on. Here’s my experience. I bought a 2.5 HP 4" port dust collector from Grizzly. Super excited about a unit that would run continuously without burning out. I’d gone through several $60 Shop Vacs at this point.

So I quickly learned, what many people here know, that a 4" port hooked to a 1 1/2" connection does not equal more suction, it equals way less. So I spent time and money trying to fix this issue and just found the 4" hose was way to much for the XC, yeah I can split and the hose and leave one side open, but that’s kind of a waste of money to buy something you only use half of. So I went back to the far easier, far better Shop Vac. I found at Lowe’s for an extra like $10 you can buy the warranty plan so that you get replacement no questions asked. Also, I have received replacement motors from Shop Vac itself, but they soon realized I was a business not an individual which apparently changes their guarantee from 90 days to just 30, I wasn’t playing them I just didn’t know it was the case.

Anyway, so for about $70 I can have 2 shop vacs that will last about 4-6 months of nearly continuous duty. Not a perfect solution, but where I am at right now. Hopefully soon I will have the extra cash to get either a Fein or Festool unit that will have no issue running all of the time.

So I took my dust collector and split it between my bandsaw and belt sander. Still, very disappointed even though they have short hoses and no step down. The bag fills with the fine dust really quickly so that even though there is hardly any real substance in the bag I have to empty it and blow it out. But even with a fresh bag the suction is half what the $60 Shop Vac is. It’s the way it pulls the air, it’s just not the same.

Now I know that there are units that would preform better, but you would have to put out a lot of cash and they would take up a lot of space. I will eventually get one for my bigger tools, but for just the XC, I’m sticking with a shop vac. No blast gates that get clogged, no stupid bag that gets clogged, and it actually sucks.

I know people are going to jump in and say theirs works great, and I believe there are systems that will, but I wish I had learned a little bit more about before I had made the purchase. HP does not mean good suction. And space can be a premium so consider your situation.

@PhilJohnson I know you bought a better unit than mine what are your thoughts?

1 Like

I just mounted mine to the wall using the 4 holes that the casters normally attach. Works fine, mounted with the bag hanging down.

2 Likes

Cool… I just bought it. With a 20% HF coupon bring it down to $120 it was a no brainer.

Thanks.

@MarkChepurny if you do throw a Festool file together, I’d love to have it too. But like Darryl, it’s no big deal if you don’t.

DHL shipped my Suckit from Ontario to a D.C. airport and then mailed it to rural WV. Found it in the mailbox a few minutes ago. It took maybe 3 minutes to install. Longer to unbox. Plenty of clearance. Perfectly centered on my Dewalt DWP611 collet. Will hook up the Dust collector later tonight. Thanks Mark.

4 Likes