DXF import app 2.0 released

David,
I opened it in CorelDraw and nothing was there, then I tried to open it in Adobe Illustrator and it said the file wasn’t good.

amp rack.dxf (234.9 KB) Im having trouble importing this file

Hello Jared,
Welcome to the forum.
I was able to open your DXF file in CorelDraw, what ever program you used to create the file you need to just do the lines and not the text. Easel will only open objects, vector images. You can import text but it must be welded together so its an object. I hope you understand that
Good Luck
Russell

I drew the lines and left off the text, when saving a file save it as an SVG if possible

Hi,

I can’t open this file . I designed it in Shapr 3d ( I also have it as a .step file in fusion 360 but don’t know the program very well) . It should look like a chair but only shows the round parts not the straight parts. It is disjointed and missing the straight sections. So I asked shapr3d and they said it was a closed shape. So I read that you need to " join " or " weld" command a dxf file before it can open in easel . Shapr 3d doesn’t have that option so how do I do it in fusion360 . Or Im hoping to not use fusion360 at all.shapr3d-export-2020-03-17-15h41m.dxf (123.8 KB)

thanks in advance, kind of new to cad/cam stuff
Tom

It appears features have been removed from the new DXF Import app? Previously, all objects in the drawing were selectable and you could change cut depth and path on each. Now, I lose all the interior lines that I would otherwise be able to manipulate and am just left with the outline. I don’t quite understand the need to choose the cut path for the whole image, rather than each shape.

Trying to import a dxf file from designcad. The upload file preview window shows the file perfectly,
lines mode is joined, When imported to the setup window some lines are unjoined. The thumbnail
drawing on the lower left shows all the lines joined, the simulate window shows everything cut per the file.
Any info appreciated.

Third time’s the charm. Tried to upload twice more and it worked on the third try.
Something to remember.

This doesn’t import my 139 KB .dxf file. Suggestions?

Hi James,
Can you send me the file to investigate?
Thanks,
Kacper

Trying to get a .dxf from AutoDesk EAGLE into easel, but the app seems to hang up on “loading”?DMX_isolated.07.dxf (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Hi!

I can’t get the file to open. It just sits there at “Loading” forever. Nothing displays.

Tom

I can’t import any dxf files. Small, large or otherwise. Nothing loads.

I can’t import any dxf files. Small, large or otherwise. Nothing loads.

@ThomasAYates Post your dxf here

Same problem I am having

Is there a way to control depth from the imported dxf? I’m using AutoCAD and tried different colors as mentioned from an older post but when imported they cut all the way through the material. I think the post I saw may have been from before DXF Import 2.0 was released. Thanks for any help.

With these files it just sits there on “Loading…” and does nothing. Bakelite-C v1.dxf (468.4 KB) Bakelite-D v1.dxf (457.3 KB)

I am unable to load this .dxf file, it is way to large when imported. I am importing in both metric and imperial. It appears to make no difference.

It loads into Fusion 360 and is very accurate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mft_template.dxf (8.6 KB)

Here is a PDF also:

mft_Drawing_v1.pdf (114.2 KB)

Im also having this issue when importing DXF.

intersed in how to fix it, thanks