DXF import app 2.0 released

Well took a bit in Illustrator but I managed to load it (the scale is set to 1:1mm) so I converted it to a SVG here for you: Let me know if that fixed it for you (I really hate DXFs)

mft_template.svg.zip (1.8 KB)

Anything i now upload using this DFX importer now imports incorrectly and massive compared to before.
What has changed over the last few days?, this is not just happening on new DFX files but also older ones that were fine before

1 Like

I am having a similar problem, DXF import worked perfectly before , but now when I import files they are at a much bigger scale than the original fileā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t know how to fix this, i always used 123D to make my DFX files and import them int easel, as easel is rubbish for making things in it.

What else to do people us to run files to there X carve?

Moi aussi mes fichiers lā€™importation DXF fonctionnait parfaitement avant. maintenant ils sont 100 fois plus grande.je utilise comme dā€™habitude corelDraw .

it seems to be converting mm 1:1 into inches and parts are coming out 25.4 times too large

I can not upload this file to carve. I donā€™t know if I am doing some thing worng. Can you help me, please.
Itā€™s a DXF created by AutoCad 2012.Cuadernas bote CNC.dxf (234.5 KB)

Welcome to the forum,
You need to convert the C1 through C7 before you can import into Easel. Iā€™m not sure how to do it in AutoCad. I use CorelDraw and I converted the Arial font to curves and was able to save as an SVG then I imported into Easel.

Continuing the discussion from DXF import app 2.0 released:

Seems not yet have any ideas or solutions on how to upload the dxf job via DXF import app 2.0 without scaling up 25.4 times larger without any reasons.
Even though the dxf job file was created years ago and re-import it or new create drawings. All became un-usable, i.e. have to redraw all dimensions via the easel online tools, but it is a bit painful.
Frame.dxf (11.7 KB)

Hi Kacper, when importing DXF (done in 1: 1 scale) the size that appears in the Easel is 25 or more times. Please your help.

Best regards

When I try to import a DFX it ā€œuploadsā€ and then does nothingā€¦ can anyone tell me why it wonā€™t load to be able to importā€¦starting to lose my mind trying to figure out why it wonā€™t work. old man dots dxf.dxf (1.8 MB)

Hi folks, we think weā€™ve fixed the scaling problems with this app (caused by using the wrong units when importing the file).

If you continue to encounter problems with DXF files importing at the wrong size, please share the file and let us know the expected dimensions of the design and the dimensions after importing the design into Easel. Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to up load dxf file. it says loading but its not loading i waited 30 min but still nothing.
can you help please.

Hi @WilliamLlewellyn,
Can you post your file in this thread please so I can help with troubleshooting?
Thanks,
Kacper

Hi
Like others I am new to cnc carving, I have lots in front of me to learn. I down loaded a file to my desktop as a D X F file and then went to easel and picked on DXF import 2.0 it I then pick on the file to upload and the box in the top corner said LOADING but after 30 minutes it still seamed to be trying to load, I retried several times to upload but failed. :cry: hope you can help.
Bill
Ps Iā€™m a tried builder and doing this as a new hobby, I think you have a great app and site and canā€™t wait to mastering this.

Hi
Like others I am new to cnc carving, I have lots in front of me to learn. I down loaded a file to my desktop as a D X F file and then went to easel and picked on DXF import 2.0 it I then pick on the file to upload and the box in the top corner said LOADING but after 30 minutes it still seamed to be trying to load, I retried several times to upload but failed. :cry: hope you can help.
Bill
Ps Iā€™m a tried builder and doing this as a new hobby, I think you have a great app and site and canā€™t wait to mastering this.

Hello Bill,
Could you share the DXF file that youā€™re trying to open.

Hi all!

We have a croncraft cnc and they recommended using easel and all the files we want to use are dxf files but for some reason it doesnā€™t want to open any of themā€¦ Can anyone assist?

Hello @Miskha
Could you post one of these file here so we can assist you?
Thanks,
Kacper

Hello @KacperMarcisz we are using free files for example the airplane dxf files on 3axis.co