DXF import app 2.0 released

I have used DXF importer many times but I have one file that just says loading. I have opened it on other viewers and it works fine.vacHolesThru.dxf (1.1 MB)

I opened your DXF file and used Corel to convert it to an SVG then imported it into Easel. On the second page I converted the holes to drill.
Russell

I cant seem to get this file to import fully, downloads but then says loading… and never loads. Exporting dxf from vectorworksgarage base black.dxf (443.8 KB)

@TylerObrien, try this one.
garage base black_F.dxf (10.5 KB)

that worked, what did you have to do to it?

There was something weird about your DXF…it was a bit of a mess.
I tried a few things that failed, and then i opened it in Fusion 360, created a solid, made a new sketch, and exported.
I’d take a look at your settings in Vectorworks. Doesn’t give me confidence in them when their own logo looks like this on the webpage.

haha, thats fair, thank you for the help, with your file, i was able to figure out I need to export from vectorworks with dxf text not dxf, which is weird, but it worked

1 Like

Im new to this, i liked the old way of doing this. How do i make a DXF file?

Welcome!

Old way of doing what? The “old way” probably still works.

What are you making, in what software, that you need a DXF?

1 Like

import is not working for me about 3/4 of the time.

coral draw

Created a DXF file in Sketchup Layout imported to Easel thumbnail is OK but importing it is very large and zooming out can see but it does not fit

Hi. I’m importing a DXF and all the arc are transformed to multiple straight line! It’s a simple frame picture with curved side. The curve on the side instead of an arc its 5 stright line! When i open it in Autocad everything is ok!?! Any recommandation?

Hi,

It seems that Easel always assumes that the units of the imported DXF file is in inches? I am exporting a dxf from Onshape, where my part was originally modeled in centimeters. When I exported this and imported to Easel, the sketch showed the shape was 5 inches instead of 5 cm. So I changed the file’s units in Onshape to be inches, and it still imports it as 5 inches even though Onshape shows it is 1.969 inches. Please let me know if there is a way to change this?

Thanks,
Betsy

After selecting file and clicking upload, nothing else happens, I go back to the upload screen and the top right box says loading. Nothing else happens. Any ideas.

Hello William and welcome to the forum, can you send me the file
Crawfordsigns@yahoo.com

Ok now over a year and still does not work right. Import files and it sits there. Again releasing way to fast

I am not able to import a DXF into Easel.

Please help,

Having issues uploading a file, I was able to upload the same file yesterday. After I select the file and click upload nothing is happening. I have restarted computer and Easel. The file size is under the 5MB limit as well.

1 Like

Hi,

I use Cadintosh as my general CAD program, and have tried endlessly to get exported DXF files into Easel, but I’m afraid I’m failing. I have had a some success, but they scaled up massively and once reduced I could only see part of the drawing. Strangely the part I couldn’t see was what Easel demonstrated as the tool path. Any ideas, is Cadintosh not suitable?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Andrew