DXF import app 2.0 released

Could you take a look at this DXF and tell me why it’s not loading using the Easel importer? First-timer! Thanks! 10462_Top_Inches.dxf (112.7 KB)

10462_Top_Inches.pdf (44.6 KB)
10462_Top_Inches.dxf (165.0 KB)
10462_Top_Inches.ai (44.6 KB)

Hi B.F. - can I get more info on these files?

i cannot get this file to open. any help would appreciated.
Stacked LOGO.dxf (4.9 MB)

Hello Chris and welcome to Inventables forum,
The file has type in it. You would need to delete that type or convert that type to a vector image. Also there is a lot of lines in the image that would need to be cleaned up.

Russell

I do not see import .dxf as an option when I am in easel. Do I need to download the app? Do I need to use easel pro for this feature?

Go to the tab on the left side of the screen and the bottom one with an arrow in a square, click that one and you can import a DXF
Russell

1 Like

Does not work on mine as well. What is the original file? Was it a image file that you turned into a .dxf?

sides.dxf (92.4 KB)

Hi,

I’m trying to import the attached simple dxf and it’s not interpreting correctly. I have pasted in what the import is trying to do. All lines are joined, and the file is purged. I tried saving the dxf from Draftsight then AutoCad in case there was something weird going on from there.

Thanks

Have been trying to export Sketchup Pro drawings as dxf and import them into Easel Pro using DXF import 2.0 and none of them work correctly? When I import them into Easel Pro each object imports into the work space and I can select and change everything in the workspace but they do not show up simulation area? So when I try and simulate the toolpath it says there are no objects in my design? When I briefly change something in the object on the workspace I can see it flash in the simulation area briefly then it disappears? I have successfully had one object import in and was able to simulate the toolpath? I have uploaded both dxf files for investigation?
Planter Stand 1.dxf (1.1 MB)
plywood desk 8.dxf (125.6 KB)

The files I purchased are downloaded as stl, how can I fxd

Having an issue downloading a dxf file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
foxsign-layers-all-05.07.2021.dxf (1.6 MB)

It’s opening in Fusion360, but really slowing down my system (more than a stl with 10 million faces meshes normally does) so I’m not quite sure what’s up with that file. I also see that the final top layer is actually a bunch of layers all together, normally these would be welded together like they are in all the other 4 pieces… also, the way this is designed (for a laser cutter) your going to have trouble getting bits into the areas unless you plan to scale it to at least 24-30" wide.

I was able to re-save it as an svg within Fusion360 and low and behold that file imported just fine into Easel. Here is the Easel Project Link Easel - Fox Project Kendrah - Shared (just make you save your own copy soon because I might delete it within a few days…) also here is the working dxf from Fusion…
Fox Layers v1.dxf (2.1 MB)

Hey thanks for the tips and taking the time to work with my project! Greatly appreciated! KB

I’m trying to use CREO to create a dxf file and when i try to import it i get an error that says property ‘length’ of null not allowed. Any idea how to fix?

Eric, if this is still an issue, maybe the scaling information is not set to save within CREO… I found this info about how to turn on/off the settings for saving scaling info when a dxf is saved:
http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/data_exchange/interface/Export_Drawing_Scale.html

1 Like

Hello,
I am trying to upload a DXF file but it keeps saying failed to fetch. It is under 5MB so just wondering what else it could be. Thanks

If you like you can email me the .dxf and ill find a way to get it in and report back here with s video on how.i did it… Cncseth@gmail :+1:

I’m having the same issue, can I also send you my .dxf?

Geoffery’s issue was that the .dxf File contained 7,600 separate elements.

I Ran the file through a few programs, it wouldn’t import directly into inkscape either. BUT after importing it into carbide create i could get a count of the elements and there are 7,600 individual pieces an that is likely why it’s having issues importing into Easel. I was then able to export the Svg from CC and then it still had the same part count so Easel svg import was also hanging up. I imported it into Inkscape as an SVG and then combined the part into one grouped element, which then imported into Easel without issue.