DXF import app 2.0 released

Yeah, I think that’s my problem too. I have wayyyy too many vertices (all connected though). I’m going to redraw with fewer clicks. It’s an outline of a topo map.

1 Like

vik.dxf (1.5 MB)
Hi, I’m trying to import the attached file but I keep getting a “failed to fetch” error. Can you tell me why this import is failing?

1 Like

I tried to import it into Easel and I received a network error, DXF files dont work well with Easel. I opened it up in CorelDraw and saved it as an SVG then imported it into Easel and it worked.
Russell

1 Like

I’m having this same issue. Anything over 1MB fails to load. Did you get a resolution to this?

Hi Jennifer :wave:
I ended up running his dxf through other software to convert it to a svg which then loaded just fine into easel.

There are a bunch of options to get this done, Corel draw, inkscape, there are also converters online that will do it, I even used carbide creGeoffrey Geoffreys file.

Hi there !

Would it be possible to increase the DXF import file size limitation from 5 MB to 15 MB ?

I have a 12 MB DXF file that I would like to import, but the file limitation prevents me from doing so without a really valid reason : I was able to convert the file to SVG and then import the SVG, so the complexity of the file is not out of the ordinary. Unfortunately there were some issues with the SVG conversion (outside of Easel) so I really need to import the DXF itself directly.

Thank you !

Hi sorry thats the same file I am having problems with. My xcarve wont up load it. eloise_ramos@yahoo.com. 1389 cross but it is in a stl file.

Easel does not accept .STL file types. It cannot generate 3D relief toolpaths. You could use a different software, like Carveco Maker to generate gcode from .STL files. there’s a link to 90 days free in this video showing the fastest process to make toolpaths for cutting out the .STL.

I am getting the “Failed to fetch” error when I try to upload a DXF. I have gone back to DXF files that I know have work in the past and I am getting the same error. Does anyone have a solution?

1 Like

I always convert my dxf to svg outside of easel, never had a problem with svg importing :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I can’t upload a file. When I click on Upload File button it does nothing.

What’s the file size, and how many design elements?

If its too large or too many it won’t work,
If your having issues, then its best to convert to svg and upload that way IMO

I’m new to all this. Tried uploading dxf’s created in AutoCAD and I’m getting an error :
Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘length’)

Any suggestions?valve palet 1.1.A.dxf (495.5 KB)
valve palet 1.1.B.dxf (485.0 KB)

Thank you Russell, super helpful. I can’t believe I didn’t find it before.

1 Like

i have not been able to upload any dxf files eitherServing Tray.dxf (22.9 KB)

Goto apps and search DXF the app will help import dxf files

i have tried several times to get the file to import and it does nothing

Ron try this link

DXF to SVG (Online & Free) — Convertio

Hey Ronald, … you might want to watch this…

2 Likes