Engraving problem

no problem… hope it solves it for you…

Fingers crossed.

Here is what I did…

well I just confirmed… unfortunately, the thickness was correct on my probe… 0.59. I say unfortunately because if it was wrong than that could have been the fix

How did you measure the probe?

with my micrometer. I have two so I used them both in hopes that one was off

nice upgrade by the way! I just looked through that thread

1 Like

OK, damn odd…I’ll do a quick cut in the morning to see what I get with your file…just the text portion…not the whole border…

thanks! hopefully we can figure something out

1 Like

OK, I get similar result to your original pic when I set the zero a bit below the work surface. The top one is choosing a v-bit and zeroing. The lower one is zeroed below the surface a bit.

@ Robertcanning. at first it looked like it was all at the same height to me also, but i just confirmed the tool path and it is going up and down… :frowning:

@PhilJohnson I tried measuring the touch plate. it is 0.5900 exactly. and your right about the flat spot, but that would just affect how deep it is going… even if I had it set to a point that would mean I would be cutting shallower than the tool path shows, which would actually make my problem a little better :frowning:

@ErikJenkins Thanks for trying it out! but it looks like you had the same problem. see how on “home” the center of the O doesn’t have a flat spot, it is all below the original surface. but on the simulation it shows there should be a flat area… thats the same problem I am having

@PhilJohnson ooooh… now I see what you were saying. I missed that… I’ll try it out again. Thanks!

1 Like

vcarve

1 Like

I just ran the bit down into some scrap wood and found out it is a 0.02 flat on it… so this may be the fix. I’m going to run a test run on some circles

1 Like

@PhilJohnson That did it! I just did a test run and it worked great!! Thanks everyone for your help with this!!

1 Like

thanks, i added it to the cart… probably buy it tonight

1 Like

I’m a little late to this conversation and have not read all of the replies, but I would guess that either your bit is a little off and may actually be more like 91 degrees. perhaps adjusting your specs might help.

Second, you may try a few tes cutst, placing a playing card on the surface when zeroing your bit. Try one card, two cards, etc. until you get the result you’re looking for,

Tim