Fixed Dust Extractor

Alright since this thread has been dead a while and Francis still hasn’t posted his files I figured I would upload my own design in case it could be of help to others. A word of warning: This design should work on the x-carve, but I have not tested it first hand. I have a modified Z carriage that looks more like the shapeoko 2 carriage on my x-carve and I printed one with that Z rail to spindle center distance. Then I measured the offset between the x-carve carriage and mine and generated this STL so it should be almost perfectly centered in the hole.

The design will accept captive M3 nuts and screws to use as set screws to hold the shoe in place. The vacuum port on the back is approximately 30mm across which happened to fit my shopvac. If you need a different diameter it should be fairly easy to 3D print an adapter to allow your own shop vac hose to fit if it is different than mine.

If someone gives this a try and it doesn’t quite fit, let me know how far in or out the hole needs to move and I can tweak it and re-upload.

here’s the download

I just realized I forgot to include a picture of what it looks like:

1 Like