Importing DXF

I know it has been mentioned before but has any progress been made on the importing dxf files straight into easel? We are using Easel in a school environment and the extra issues with scaling ascociated with SVG files cause some problems.

1 Like

Hear! Hear!

We currently don’t have any plans to support direct DXF import. I’m not sure if you’ve seen the spec for DXF files or not, but they are extremely complicated, which would require a very significant amount of time/effort to implement.

I’m not saying it won’t happen, though.

No, I have not read the DXF spec so I have no idea about the complexity of implementing an import routine for it.

Thanx for feedback, though. Appreciated!

1 Like

We have an app in beta testing to support DXF import into Easel:

2 Likes

We (St. Louis Science Center) are working on a wall of gears for our lobby, and we are using a gear design app called Gearify (www.gearify.com) which exports as dxf, AutoCAD 2000, R10, R11, R12, R13, R14, 2004, 2007, 2010, and 2013. What are the chances of being able to try out your Beta?

It’s already in Easel.

That is correct, this feature has been released. You can read the announcement here: New Features: Project Archiving and DXF Import

I’m going to close this topic to make this more clear.