Inventables event tonight + Live Stream

“BIG NEWS WE ARE GOING TO CHARGE YOU MONEY FOR NOTHING” !!! lol

2 Likes

I mean at some point you have to start charging for your software because that is how it goes lol

software is expensive to make

but imo it was just a premature launch

sorry i am just disappointed. this changes my mind on adding another machine. this now… well what is coming? sky is the limit now. they lost trust i guess.

1 Like

Are you happy with the machine and Easel as it is at this very moment?

I would defiantly defiantly not let easel pro sway your choice on buying a second machine

its still a great machine for makers imo

there are all sorts of software but the machine is the heart of your operation

1 Like

I’d definitely give Zach and the team a chance to get everything in place.

1 Like

i like the machine. the software is like windows paint. but I could not buy another machine because there to proud of it and it shows in what they think its worth “software”. I have one other an ox that was cheaper to build and is stronger. and better software. if the standard is still truly free great but I lost trust there vision has changed since its conception. yes demand dictates charge more if its in high demand. but pro is no were near ready for what there asking not even close.

you know what I got quoted for software the other day lol

$40,000.00 initial
and then 500.00 month for 1 user lol

software is extremely valuable they have to be proud of there creation

but yeah I agree with you premature

I love to see side by side comparisons of entry level cnc machines and there softwares

like step craft, cncrp, general, shapokeo, laguna, powermatic, and then china machines

I bet x-carve for entry level users brand new users is coming in ahead of most of those with price point and software

do more research. that is insane for a price. my other software which is right between easel and v-carve is 59 on time charge. and its great.easel is easy to use drag and drop but it is very very limited. the other that i use takes a little more time to use but once its in there its in there.

yeah that was for professional high end software with like ocsilating features and such

aka Mastercam

but when you say ox are you referring to openbuilds

what makes X-carve good is it cheap sturdy “kinda”. and easy to build. the ox is more of a diy kit 100 of variations.

yes and my other software has ocsilating feature.

what software is that?

is has ocsilating profile cutting?

I would be interested in taking a look that would really preserve the life of my end mills

I truly hope that this plan of there works out for them. but I fear it wont. its been a great community.
it only take one guy to destroy something.

http://www.estlcam.com/ it will also plunge at an angle and not just straight in.

oh ramping in yeah

hmm I will have to look into the ocsilating toolpath but I did not see it in there manual under toolpaths

but thanks

I have a license for Estlcam as well and use it for almost all of my .stl paths.

hey @JDM what do you mean by .stl paths?

Not to be rude but how are other software packages relevant to the Inventables live stream from tonight?

Just conversation.