Let’s see those Christmas orders!

Small jewellery box for a 5yr old :slight_smile:

Diameter 4" and used a worn cutting board as material.
Used a 4mm ball nose and it left a nice circle pattern on the inside floor / ceiling.
The lid edge/outside 3mm flat end mill.

Finish is natural / bees wax.

4 Likes

The wife kept me busy with the x-carve while she was using her cricut machine to make some gifts for her parents and the grandkids.

A name sign for the in-laws on stained poplar

A name puzzle for the little grand daughter

A hair clip rack which the daughter has to finish since my wife seems to like doing stuff last minute but needs it in california before christmas. Just imagine some strings going across where the little one can clip her bow ties and hair bands. At least I got to work in my garage and remodeling the porch was suddenly unimportant.

5 Likes

Helicopter pilot just back from Afghanistan. Wife wanted to give him something he wouldn’t guess and that couldn’t be bought at Home Depot. White ring on the outside is actually the chair it’s sitting on.

Edit: Looking at the picture I’m not nearly as happy with it as I am looking at it in-hand. iPhone camera not doing it the justice I had hoped.

10 Likes

Just got this one off the cnc. These always make me nervous while cutting because I get lazy when it comes to tabs. Sure enough I broke the number 9 on my first attempt, but I just added a few more tabs and got it done. Now I just need to paint it.

6 Likes

What type of CNC machine did you use and how big was this project? I am in the military and I just purchase a X-Carver 750 mm.

A few of my Christmas orders.

Men’s purse :

IPhone X BMW M induction charger :

10 Likes

If you’re asking about the cribbage board it was done on an xcarve 1000. It would easily work on the 750. The board is cut out of 1 inch thick purple heart and 12 inches in diameter.

I’ve been doing some aluminum helmet shields and acrylic LED edge lit signs. My xcarve has cut very little wood in the last month.
I like seeing others projects. Makes me want to do better. Some great looking stuff on here.

7 Likes

I love the state flag with the CAV logo! Can I do this with my 750 X Carver or is it too big of a project to my machine.

last order finished , whew down to the wire man!

12 Likes

It’s really great, how do you carve the surface in background?

It’s a tool in aspire “texture tool “ I use a 1/4” router core bit.

1 Like

Where did you get your Texas bmp to trace? I’ve been searching for one just like that! The ones I keep finding either have WAY too much detail along the coast line, so I’d have a lot of vectors to delete, or they had so little detail they look cartoonish. You apparently found the goldi-locks one! Very cool!

1 Like

Down to the wire indeed. Finished all the orders though.

P.s. I only needed 3 of these. Funny how I always have to make at least 5 to get 3 good ones.

2 Likes

I think I found an actual map of Texas that was in adobe illustrator format then I trimmed cleaned it a bit but not much it’s pretry accurate

Conversation from last night…
Wife “Where are the signs for our moms I asked if you could make”

Me “You never said you wanted me to make them”

Wife “YES, I did. You just don’t listen.”

Me “You just asked IF I COULD make them, never if I will. Plus, that was over a month ago and with as many orders as I’ve had how could a remember unless you said for sure you want them.”

I didn’t go to bed until about 1am for the 3rd night in a row…

5 Likes

Finished these up the past couple days, plus a ton of other stuff.

9 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

HERE YOU GO!texas.dxf (630.2 KB)