Location, location, location!

Hey there All,
Patiently waining for my x-carve spitting my time between Webb City MO and Eureka Springs AR

Heh… ain’t nothin’ wrong with that… speaking of… maybe that’s what I’ll be up to this weekend. :slight_smile:

Hey All, I am located in Wollongong, about an hour south Of Sydney, Australia

Currently in Houston, But moving to Huntsville AL soon for my better half’s new job at Marshall Space Flight Center.

Currently stationed in Sicily, Italy. Cant wait to get my X-carve so I can start making custom shadow boxes and plaques for military members.

Jason, are you in the Navy? I am in the Army at Fort Bragg and also make plaques, shadow boxes and coin racks. I have used my Shapeoko 2 for several different plaques.

Yes, Im in the Navy. I was making coin racks out before moving here and I was cutting them out by hand, so having the X-carve will let me cut them with much more accuracy and half the time. What CAD and CAM program are you using, or are you using Easel? I have been trying different programs but can’t judge until the x-carve gets here.

Just outside of Buffalo, NY here. Work in computer, electronics, and aerospace engineering but have a side passion for making stuff myself.

What software I use depends on the project. I sometimes use Easel and then other times I use a mix of Inkscape, makercam, and the Universal Gcode Sender. It is easier to do everything this one program and Easel is quickly becoming more and more capable of that. Ive got to visit NAS Sig before and it is pretty cool out there.

from Ontario, Canada, am waiting for the 1000 x 1000 fully loaded but did not get the waste board, just the parts needed for the waste board. I ordered mine the day of the announcement for the x-carve. I am a retired computer consultant/ builder, and machinist. Also into wood turning and scroll-saw.
I worked at Ball Packaging in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada for 27.5 years, and built and programmed electronic measuring indicators for inspection of finished parts.

Salt Lake City, Utah

Tulsa, Oklahoma. Still haven’t pulled the trigger yet but just trying to learn all i can before i buy. If someone else is in Ok. I would love to talk and go over details and maybe even pay for some lessons of somesort

League City, Texas here, just outside Houston.

Lock an loaded in Detroit, Michigan

Fresno, Texas, just south of Houston. Waiting on my 1000mm sq. x-carve.

Hi all, well now Lilburn Georgia gets another X-Carve.
William, I believe we have met, maybe at an NMRA meeting.
I ordered a fully loaded 1000.

1 Like

Hi Scott, Nice to meet you!. I’ve never been to a NMRA meeting, so we’ve probably never met. Really cool that you’re local though. Might have to come check out your setup sometime.

William, I am a member in the Geek Space Gwinnett group, we have a space in Lawrenceville off 316.
This is a great group of engineers, maker, costumers, etc and collectively we now will have 3 Inventables CNC’s with plans to purchase another one. Check us out.

Scott Kelley
Kelley Custom Woodworks

Hi @ScottKelley - I was looking at the Geek Space Gwinnett site and it looks like you meet right around the corner from me. I see there was an open house a week ago. Do you know when the next one is? I would like to come visit. I’m a member of Gwinnett Woodworkers. Thanks, Steve www.thecarmichaelworkshop.com

1 Like

Rosetown Sasatchewan Canada