Did some more work this weekend. Some issues came up but nothing I can’t correct so far. Sadly I got to replace one pulley as it slid off a bit and I can’t remove it for some reason. I hope I don’t destroy the motor in the process !
Hold-downs stand so high sadly it looks like I will have to trim or replace the bolts or I will ram my X axis into them. I got to say it was a lot of fun to drill 3 counter sink holes into 12 inch sections of rail using regular bits, not something I’m looking forward to do again anytime soon. Another thing I had to change was the nylon screws for “armor plates”, overall I did not feel like they felts strong enough and I broke few of them while installing, decided to use regular screws and I hope not to ram any of my bits into them.
In other news, the lift that folds the table still works but makes me nervous like hell ! this thing is so insanely heavy it would kill whatever walks under it if it snaps. I keep thinking of adding some more bracing to wall all around to make me feel more comfortable around the monster.
Per usual some more pictures of the build, I hope someone gets some out of it…
I almost forgot … just for kicks while working on few more MDF plates I decided to push things a bit. Video of cut at 200 in/min at .15in pass with 1/4 burr bit.
It did fine and looks like it can go even faster when I actually calibrate and level the monster.