Patterned Rolling Pin: How to Make?

Saw this on Amazon:
Patterned Rolling Pin with Cat Design

Wondered what mods would be necessary to get a rotational axis and whether anyone has tried something like that?

4th axis would be the “easiest”

a cheap quick way (in theory) would be to make a jig, cut, rotate, cut, rotate. and continue until done. It would be more involved but it would work.

Been done here - but I can’t find it. I believe @ErikJenkins had success. It is on my to do list because I have a system designed for a 4th axis. A quick search for 4th axis on this forum will put you on the right track. There are a few people having pretty amazing results.

Here are my upgrades to a rotary axis:

1 Like

That is intrepid as hell.

My thing is reproductions of antiquities;
This looks like it would really enable full head sculpture reproductions well.

I have a stock non-upgraded x-carve 1000mm.
I assume I could use that to start the process by cutting the Y-Axis end plates.
did you by chance save the plans for those anywhere?

Did you stiffen the x-axis gantry when you did this, or leave it stock?

really impressive.
thanks for being an inspiration today.

I drilled the X-Axis and installed the steel bar stiffening mod, but I did that not long after I first got my X-Carve.

I will post the files for the taller Y-Axis plates…it might be a day or so…I did them in V-Carve.

1 Like

I’m building a component spreadsheet and it looks like http://www.camtronics-cnc.com/ is down.
Do you know if Dan has stopped doing this? EBay store appears empty as well…
If they are not available, any ideas where I could buy an equivalent?

Not sure, I had exchanged email with Dan a couple of months ago, I’ll send him one and see if he is still making the controllers.

Here are the taller endplate files and the Y-Axis supports in V-Carve format:

Y-Axis Supports.crv (1.7 MB)
Tall End Plates.crv (2.8 MB)

That is so helpful.

1 Like