Paw paw's projects

I have read a lot on the forum about new folks being frustrated about how to begin. I have also read where people considering purchase were concerned also. Well, I am posting some of my projects to hopefully encourage others to dive into the wonderful world of CNC. I must say that I am completely new to this world. I too looked at this machine and may others for over a year before making the purchase. I tried using Easel at first and failed. Could not design anything. Being determined, I continued to research and study because I wanted to expand into this world.
I purchased my machine in November including a computer. I also installed Inkscape into my computer. I am hoping to be able to show my progress and encourage others.

First project

Made this for my grandson

Had to try a clock with all the discussion on the forum. This was my most complicated project yet. The clock face was carved with a 1/16 " bit. Mickey was carved second with a 1/32" bit. The back pocket was carved with a 1/8" bit.

32 Likes

Looks great. And congrats on not giving up, wonderful job.

Thank you. I am just beginning. Most of the software talk and controller information is totally Greek to me but I am trying to expand my knowledge on each project. If this old dog can learn new tricks, anyone can! That’s the message I want to get out to newbies such as myself. Again, thank you

3 Likes

New project just finishing up.

8 Likes

Thought I would try my hand at making paracord braclets. Here is jig that I just finished.

8 Likes

Just completed the American Flag clock. All hand painted. Clear coat over all areas

9 Likes

A clock that is for the principal of a local high school. This is his philosophy. School colors and logo used. Not bad for couple hours of work. Lots of fun.

6 Likes

Latest project. This will be mounted outside on my home with the flag mounted below the logo. Will post picture when completed

10 Likes

This project was straight from the investables project site. Just uploaded and hit carve. I did not have to change anything. Love it and thank you

13 Likes

14 Likes

Can you post a link to this project. Thanks

I would love too but do not how to add the link

From inside easel or on the project page

Latest project. This is a ceiling tile. The senior class is going to sign and will be placed in the ceiling. Building a legacy for each year of the engineering students.

12 Likes

Never thought of carving a ceiling tile. I thinks the kids will love signing the tile and will give future graduates something to look forward to as well as a feeling of accomplishment

1 Like

This is the link for the tool project that is in the above picture. Hope this will help you.

1 Like

(Easel - Copy of 5 1/2 X 12 Clamp Rack)
ok trying again. Hopefully if worked this time. Still trying to learn how to do all this software stuff.

1 Like

Thanks Phil. Someday I will get it right. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @PhillipLunsford this is a project that I will try someday as it will be cool to have a tray that fits on top of the controller.

Sorry it took so long to figure out how to upload the file. I did change two openings from the original. First the hole that hold the probe connector was too small so I made it slightly larger. Second, the opening that hold the nine bits, it also was a little tight so I made is a little larger also. Good luck with the project. I really like mine. It is so nice having everything in easy reach.

1 Like