Paw paw's projects

That is very difficult to answer because there are so many variables. Hardwood vs softwood as well as plywood and the type of glue used in the plywood. I look for burning, fuzziness and quality of cut

Gotcha, i just saw that you had 4 1/8 up cut and straight bits so was not sure if they broke/dulled quicker then most

The only bits that I have broke was a couple of 1/16 bits and 1/32 bits. I have never had an 1/8 bit break

I also just started to buy the downcut bits. When cutting plywood these work better and help cut down on the fuzziness

That turned out great! I am sure she will love it.

Looks great!!!

The only time I’ve ever had a bit break was when I slewed the carriage around and the bit wasn’t high enough and it ended up snapping off … never lost a bit during a cut.

Philip, your projects are awesome!!

In this post I ran across 3 fellow x-carvers from Louisiana. I am based in Hammond. Nice to meet all of you.

@JustinComiskey
@PhillipLunsford
@JeffAnderson

“G”

Took a short break from CNC and built this for my new granddaughter

16 Likes

Great job. I am sure she wiil like it.

1 Like

Made this quick sign for my YouTube Channel: Paw Paw’s Workshop

10 Likes

I think i have seen that somewhere. Nice.

Lol. Yes indeed. I’m have a lot of fun with it

Good job and keep up the good work.

Will do. My goal is to get 1000 subscribers. At the rate I’m going it will take two years.

You will get there sooner then you think.

Thanks. Hope so

How about a video on that project!
What’s the secret to finishing painted furniture like that?

Interesting idea. I do have plans for a finishing video in the future. I made the decision to start my channel in the middle of this project. I sprayed painted the project with four coats is semigloss paint, sanding between coats.

I saw your sign in the background of your video. Nice to see a close-up of it. Your video skills are improving greatly. Keep up the fantastic work.

1 Like