Paw paw's projects

Another great video. I really like how you showcased what Easel is capable of.

2 Likes

@MichaelColey Thank you. Hopefully youā€™ve subscribed to my channel. Lots more planned

1 Like

Your work is unreal. Iā€™m gutted I bought a Chinese mini cnc 24x18 cm carve area before seeing the x carve. Itā€™s on my shopping list now though much to the wifeā€™s protest

@MikeBuist Thank you. I hope you have subscribed to my channel. I have many projects planned

You will have to make your wife some really nice gifts with the xcarve

I know that there are many newbies on the forum. I have been focusing on doing videos on the Easel software based on what I see from reading the comments on the forum.

I want to open it up to you and tell me what you would like to see using Easel.

Please let me know in order that I can do meaningful videos that will help all the folks just getting started

Thanks

Iā€™m interested in making signs, date plaques for weddings/anniversaries/birthdays etc and character carves.
Definitely limited myself on size available due to smaller cnc which is a crushing blow. But I have just received my new 1/16 flat end mills and 1/16 flutes so can try those out.
Iā€™ve started watching your videos now to see what I can learn as your work is really impressive not just the carves but the finish as well.

1 Like

@MikeBuist Iā€™m working on an idea that is used often in weddings using two Stage Carving in Easel where the letters are stacked. My approach is to use stack letters on one plane by using epoxy fill. It will cut the carve time way down. The colors can match the wedding colors easily

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Iā€™ve not managed to do much as Iā€™m in the process of building my new workshop. But once thatā€™s up then itā€™s full steam ahead when Iā€™m not at my actual job

1 Like

@PhillipLunsford I would like to take the time to thanks you for this thread. I have read it several times and found a lot of good information in it. I also joined on youtube to watch your videos which has helped me a lot. Maybe one day I will be able to produce items like you and @PhilJohnson, only time will tell that. Again thank you!

1 Like

Making drawers for my eight drawer cabinet finally done

2 Likes

Iā€™m putting the XCarve to work in a different way. Pen and ink drawing in multi colors. Easy to do and this should make your wife happy. Great for any kind of yard signs you need to make. Never hand draw a sign again!

3 Likes

@PhillipLunsford, curious why youā€™re running it so slow? If you werenā€™t making a video, would you be running it faster? Iā€™d think you could easily be running this at 150-200 in/min.

You are right. I did not set the speed in the custom settings. During the drawing it would only let me go to 60 inches per minute

I hope my comment wasnā€™t seen as critical, I was just truly curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JeremyHanks. No not at all. Just did not want to retake the video. I never increased to the max on the screen setting. I now know I can only double the speed. Since is had only a default of 30 inches per minute I could only go to 60 inches per minute.

Thank you for your video.
Where can you find that nice pen holder?

Designsbyphil.com provided the file to me. My son printed it for me. Phil Johnson here on this forum is the designer

Tried out the Box Maker App in Easel. I like it very much. I also give the pros and cons to the app. Iā€™ll be using this again. Hereā€™s the video

2 Likes

I know that some of you have had some bad experiences with the Box Maker Classic. Here is a video that I hope will make it much easier to do

1 Like

I completed a video on the tiling process to carve a six foot long project on the X Carve.

4 Likes