Paw paw's projects

Many people have asked about how to edit nodes.

What bits to use when carving PVC. It does matter

3 Likes

I got my laser back up and running with my shop made laser mount.

I got my laser back up and running with my shop made laser mount. This mount is just two parts of MDF and it works great. With the coronavirus pandemic, the companies have bigger issues than doing this simple mount. Be safe out there. Hopefully, everyone is home, safe, and working in the shop.

1 Like

My new JTechPhotonics laser mount has arrived!!

2 Likes

Hey Phillip, would you care to share your easel link for this two stage carve? I like this design and would like to practice with it, if you don’t mind. Thanks

@JasonZolnierz Which design would you like for me to share. Your message gets dropped to the bottom, so I have no idea which design you are looking at that you want to practice.

I didn’t realize that, thanks. I posted the photo.

1 Like

How to calibrate the XCarve has been a question people always ask. Here is a video

3 Likes

Yes this could be done in Inkscape but Easel is effective for node editing.
5 Likes

Great Video, wonderful information. As always thank you for sharing.

Thanks Phillip, another very informative video

Here is a face shield that you can carve easily.

1 Like

Phil,
I hope you got permission from your wife before you operated the oven.
Good job as always on the video
Russell

Yes, she was aware. I pulled the bread out that I just baked and put in the face mask. Isn’t that how you should use your oven?

2 Likes

@RussellCrawford I like his oven mitts. That is one thing you don’t mess with is the wife’s oven.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me

1 Like

His wife must be like mine, they don’t care what you do as long as you are the one doing the cooking.

3 Likes

@PhillipLunsford I see you are using my file. Great to see it reaching a bigger audience!
One note, the 3 pieces for the head strap were originally one long strip. I had to cut it into three parts just because my laser doesn’t have that large of a work area. Combined they are around 700mm if I remember correctly, so a 1000x1000 xcarve should be able to cut it as one piece.

Oh and you can easily replace the clips with M4 hardware.

1 Like

Awesome! I looked at so many files that I could not remember where I got it from. Which one of the two files were your file? The one with the head band only or the one with the shield.