Ultimate Dust Boot for X-Carve with the Dewalt Router

Peter, might I get the plans as well? grant.davis09@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Hi Grant

The plans will be with you soon.

Peter

Hi James,

I got some bristle from a brush maker but it is really easy to buy a cheap brush and cut your own. In my design I needed bristle 55 mm long but this could be varied. If you have problems finding a cheap floor brush with the right length and softness then get a decorator’s wall paper brush or an old fashioned emulsion brush. They are all as cheap as chips. Good luck.

Peter

For a custom solution, try McMaster-Carr
The only issue is they are not that flexible when it comes to a tight bend radius.
However if you cut some notches in the plastic, you can get it to bend tighter.
Their “Tight-Seal Strip Brushes” are similar, but use a metal strip to hold the bristles together.
Tough to bend, but tight radius’s are possible.
Both can be expoxy’d to said dust shoe.

Thanks Peter,

Love this design, I’m going to do it today actually. Can’t wait to give it a try. I’m doing some rather bulky work with cedar, and it’s getting all over the place. I’ve also purchased a copy of your ebook. Can’t wait to dive into it.

Best Regards,
~Dan

Hi Dan,

If you have trouble installing the bristle take a look at one of my earlier dust boot videos as I show an easy way to get it into the channel.

Many thanks for buying the book - it really helps and leaving a review on Amazon would be the icing on the cake. Cheers.

Peter

Could I perhaps get a copy of the plans too? Thanks in advance, and I love the videos!

sep930@bham.ac.uk

Thanks!!

Hi Simon

The plans are on the way.

Peter

1 Like

Love the look of the plans… and thank you so much for sending them to me, but is there a way to convert them to svg? (I haven’t found one, has anyone else?)

I am only running easel, maker cam and UGS and I believe these are only for VCarve (am I right?). No worries if not, I was just wondering if anyone had implemented these files via another means because I love the look of the dust boot.

Regardless, love your work Peter… maybe I’ll just have to get VCarve!

personnaly i’ve rebuit it in my cam software, with help of the drawing (dxf or dwg I do not remember which I used)

you can use the jpg drawing too to make it, but there is some missing quotation ^^

Wow, nice boot. Can I get a copy of the plans also?

gcoates@cox.net.

Love your videos too by the way.

Hi Simon

Many thanks for the kind words. I am sorry I am not a Sketchup person so I hope someone else can help.

Peter

Hi Glenn

The plans are on the way.

Peter

Peter,

The videos and craftsmanship are great. My King’s English to American English translator has been unable to determine the type of glue you used to attach the fine bristles to the dust shoe, please elaborate on the glue used. Also, I have modified your design and if they work I will send you the details.
Chip Chip and carry on.

1 Like

Hi Charles,

The glue is sold in the UK and Europe under the name “Copydex”. Here is a link to it on Amazon UK:

It is a non solvent based glue which dries to form something like rubber. If you put it on two pieces of material, let it dry then bring them together they stick. I did not use it that way. I put the glue in the channel and stuffed the bristle in before the glue dried.

Thank you for the very kind words.

Good luck.

Peter

Hi…I have been trying to run your dust boot the body is good but don’t get all the mounting parts, can you send the file to me at bosco2003a@gmail.com

Thank you

Bob

Hi Bob

I have sent everything by email. The only parts to be made by CNC are the pair of slides and the boot frame itself. The other small items were made by hand.

Good luck.

Peter

thank you for the files, just one question how thick was the ply wood used ?

thanks
Bob

Hi Bob,

It was 19 mm but anything from 16 to 22 mm would do.

Cheers.

Peter

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered, I did not have time to search the forum.

Is there a link where I can buy the bristle online from EU?