V-carving in Easel

A 486dx perhaps. With windows 3.1

1 Like

I caught up with inventables on theyā€™re work in implementing vcarving. Here is the news report of how they do it!

4 Likes

itā€™s a must have!

1 Like

Hell yeah! Would save my day and get me even more inspired!

Basically what they did is like microsoft and appleā€¦ they simply put a new Version number on it :wink:

I want that right now! :wink:

I believe Fusion 360 actually has v carving now as well.

1 Like

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/2f719b96-7c05-4690-994d-649d41788fcb.html

1 Like

Looks like it is ā€œjustā€ standard engraving and not V-Carving. From the video it seems like they just use a V-bit for the outlines and an end-mill for the remaining pockets. So what you get is a regular 2,5D carving with chamfered edges.

1 Like

Fusion does have full v-carving. refer to a sample I posted

1 Like

Very Interested

1 Like

Have you used it before?

Please add me to the list!

1 Like

@Zach_Kaplan understanding that this is a complex challenge to deliver the right working solution can you provide any insight into your journey so far, what has been discovered and what still has yet to be worked out. As you can see a lot of people are interested in this featureā€¦ We are just as interested in learning about the journey to get us ā€œto marsā€.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m a new user. Very interesting in v carving as well!!! Thanks.

I would love it!!!

please include me on the v-carving list and i am very much interested, mr zach.
all the way here in so.cal. inland empire.

We had to rebuild the entire ā€œengineā€ that creates models in Easel from scratch. We do have a development environment where it is working, but it isnā€™t fast enough for a wide enough range of designs. Also the right side where we do the visualization isnā€™t crisp enough to show you what designs really look like. Lastly all the geometries donā€™t yet work. Long story short itā€™s not ready for prime time.

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

patience always pays.

Thanks, Looking forward to vcarve on Easel