V-carving in Easel

@PhilJohnson how are you measuring the flatness of a given bit? Is it changing on you over time as you use it more?

Iā€™m surprised the tip would be .030" that seems big for the tip of a V-Bit.

I would pay for it.

Me too. I think it would greatly increase the posibilities and variety. One of the reasons I decided to jump into the cnc-adventure was the x-carve and the simplicity of easel being both cad and cam, and the fact that I through this forum got the understanding you have an excellent customer service and regularly work on improving the solutions for both the machinery and software. And that has really been as expected.
Having come to the point where I see the limitations of the 2.5D-feature, but still not having sufficient skills to successfully skip between Fusion and Easel with that new feature, not blaming anyone else but my own stupidity I see we might be advancing at the same pace by introducing a V-carve-like implementation to the Easel software.
Or to be short, even though itā€™s too late for that: Iā€™m inā€¦
Greetings from Norway.

1 Like

Anyone else?

4 Likes

Definitely eagarly waiting. I canā€™t get fusion 360. F engrave has never worked on my computer

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting on it too. It would solve certain problems.

1 Like

I have other options to v carve but none that are easily used as easel. I am never in one location and i love that i can log on easel on any computer and work. If v carve was implemented there is so much more i could do with out waiting to get home.

1 Like

i am in the sooner we can v carve with easel the better.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gotta say that with Easel promoted as the free tool that comes with your X-Carve, if new features weā€™ve all been waiting for come out but only in a new paid tier, Iā€™d feel like Iā€™ve been the subject of a bait and switch and wouldnā€™t be happy at all, and Iā€™ve been otherwise VERY happy with my X-Carve and the support Iā€™ve received for it.

3 Likes

Just had a friend in Australia offered beta testing of easel v carve, anyone else? Easel pro I think he called it.

@Zach_Kaplan, Can I get added to the bata for Easel Pro? being able to V-carve would be super helpful to my workflow.

First rule of V-Carve Club: Donā€™t talk about V-Carve Club!

4 Likes

Please blame only the one with loose lips and not all of us. I have have said nothing

Iā€™d like to be added if possible

Based on past experience, whenever thereā€™s a free version and a ā€œproā€ version of something the free version is always crippled in some important way that itā€™s just an upsell to the paid version. Easel with only 2D support has always been crippled to me, but it was apparently being worked on so I thought it would be better someday. If those things turn out to be in a subscription only version then I would not be happy.

3 Likes

The evil person inside me wonders how much havoc could be created in a post that asked: ā€œany other beta testers having problems with the automatic 2D to 3D conversion function?ā€. It would then be immediately followed by another asking for all to disregard the first post.

1 Like

Ive dug to the bottom of the forum a few times and seeing old screen shots and videos of what easel use to be to what is it now is amazing. If a major upgrade like v carving or 3d carving had a small upgrade cost id be ok with that. Inventables can only sell so many machines and id like them to always have money to pay the developers to make things better.

4 Likes

I feel like the kid at daycare when all the kids have new toys and I canā€™t play

2 Likes

Bob! Thatā€™s just mean!!

ā€¦I approve! :smiling_imp: