V-carving in Easel

FYI, this post is about the technique of v-carving; mostly carving text quickly, easily, and with a great look too. The V-Carve software from Vetric can do this technique and more. But they are two different things.
Anyway back to general v-carving.
For Mac OS X, look into running F-Engrave. It works great for generating v-carved text that can compliment any design.
Example: Use Easel to design your sign cutout, curves, etc. Then use F-Engrave to mill out the actual text.
More advance usage of F-Engrave includes importing a DXF. One can then mill out v-carve inlays using a two step process.

1 Like

Just set up my xcarve and im so very happy with it loved putting it all together. Would be so good if you was to be able to use vbits on easel

Yep weā€™re working on it @PamHarris ā€¦ we hope to be able to launch it this year.

2 Likes

Why couldnā€™t you have said that last month. Now we have 11 more months. Lol

356 days to go (start crying)

@BryanSheets I timed that reply very very closely.

I canā€™t wait! Using F-Engrave is so super janky, and there are literally No other options for OSX.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested!!

Excited about the V-Carve. Would be willing to be a beta tester

Whenever I see an update in this post I get immediately excited and then Sad. Any update?

1 Like

me!!!

+1 Have bits will try it out.

I would like to try it as well

I purchased the x-carve and upgraded to V-Carve Pro. I am new to all of this CNC and G-code stuff. How do I use V-Carve Pro in conjunction with the X-Carve? How do I send the g-code to the X-Carve so I can carve something that was created in V-Carve Pro? Do I have to purchase additional software?

I would LOVE to try it!

You need something like Universal Gcode Sender. Itā€™s a free program that can take the Gcode you generate with Vcarve and feeds it to your xcarve. Search the forums for UGS and you will probably find tons of information on how it all works together.

I would be interested in V Carving for Easel. I would primarily use it for signs. Thanks!

Check this thread out too!

I would love to try it out. I love the machine. Having to put it together really gives you troubleshooting knowledge. Had one bad cut, but it was my fault. Really impressed and I am glad to have purchased it.

1 Like

Iā€™m still assembling my X-Carve, but would rate vcarving as my highest interest.