V-carving in Easel

Me too

I also like the waste board. Every post I have seen all heve a prestine looking board. Mine has a few more wild paths and 3 nice size sections of a tree with 1.25 cut pocket that was to be .125. :smile:

Thanks!

I do have a secondary wasteboard that I bolt on top from time to time, but yep, I’m not afraid to carve into mine to get a clean cut on the end product with no tabs to clean up and not a lot of sanding to do on the other side.

You should see it now… Sketch's Projects

I would like to try it too

We’re working on it!

5 Likes

yes very interested
jim

I would like to Beta Test if possible.

I sure would.

1 Like

I’m very interested too.

I hope they get there soon, and I hope they would also offer relief designs that we could pick from

add me to the growing list please

This is the growing list of people who want to express their interest in v-carving as a feature.

Yes, most of us know this is in the works, but it is also ok to put names down and get numbers for how many really are interested in it.

Awesome!! looking forward to trying this feature when available.

Interested as well. This is cool.

I’m interested as well

Am I the only one here who is using V bits with Easel anyway? I doubt it.

I just try to fool it by setting the bit size at 0.1mm (as if!) and the cut depth to somewhere between 0.5mm to 1mm.

Ok, so results have been a bit up and down but I’m actually quite pleased with them. I am still looking forward to proper V bit support.

Yeah I know. What I’m doing is far from ideal but it kind of works.

When engraving text this seems to work better for me than a 1mm or even 0.6mm (my smallest) bit.

It’ll do until Easel supports proper V carving.

I run purely linux at home. I design simple items in Easel, then export the code and send it out through UGS.
For now as I learn, Inkscape is my main design software, some issues with accuracy in sizing, but nothing too major at the moment. I’d wish more CAD/CAM software was available for linux though. most of it seems to be lacking in basic features.

1 Like

I don’t really use V-Bits in Easel for V Carving, but I do use them in easel to put a chamfer on edges that I’ve already cut. I know it isn’t really what you are asking about, but it is using V-Bits in Easel.

1 Like

I’m on a Mac :confused: