Fellow X-carvers, I'd like to share a project I've been working on for the past few weeks. I've used my share of simple interfaces including a USB numeric keyboard, wireless keyboard and USB Super Nintendo controller. Although they were simple, I felt it was too simple for what I wanted to be able to do. So I have created a wireless bluetooth pendant to perform the following features.
1. Jog all 3 axis at 4 level increments (1in, .1in, 1mm, .1mm)
2. Run homing cycle and return to home at any point
3. Zero the work coordinates and return to the zero position at any point.
4. Send the machine to 2 pre-determined parked positions. #1 currently sends the machine to the middle back with Z up to clear the machine away from the workpiece (to unclamp and change out material for example)
5. Laser on to low power mode for zero point locating and laser off.
6. Start, Pause and Abort grbl pinout commands directly to Arduino.
1. Probe cycles (to work with Charley's Triquetra I plan to get) or can be normal probe cycle
The photo below is prototype #2 and so far has worked without any issues on both Easel and UGS. I plan to do a more detailed write up for more explanation but its far enough along that I would like any initial feedback from the group and any other actions you would find useful to be incorporated.
I will try and do a video later this week showing it in action.