X-Carve Workspace Showcase

Finally got my space running. Now to build a bust boot and I’m set.

6 Likes

Awesome setup! Reminds me of some sort of showroom / art exhibit!

Well the work bench top is more or less done just need to add the edging and recess a couple screws in the top. I opened up the box with the extrusions as that was one I was worried about do to a good gouge and hole in the side and sure enough some small damage on the track. Will this cause any issues as it is slightly indented?

I made some decent progress today on my assembly table. The lower half of the top was treated with wood hardener and then screwed to the frame. The up half of the top, melamine, was trimmed to rough size and will get a treatment with the trim router tomorrow. The back panels were installed as well.

2 Likes

It might… If that is one of the V parts of the Maker Slide then it could cause a problem. It all depends on how severe the dent is…

if it is only slight then you might be able to use it as the back rail on the gantry and have the dent facing down toward the waste board…

if it looks like it is dented pretty noticeably then you may want to talk to Support… give them a call and they will probably have you sorted or go here to contact them: https://inventables.desk.com

Yeah that’s exactly where it is on the V track of the Maker Slide. When I run my finger over it it does have a noticeable indent and has some rough burs also. I’ll contact them and see what they say, hopefully get it resolved.

How do you fix the machine to the table?

I plan to use a base of 20x60 and 20x40 extrusions, which are then connected to L shaped aluminum strips, which then connect to the table.

1 Like

can’t see the movie!

As always inventables has done right by me and is sending a new piece for the one that got damaged in shipping. So while I wait since I can’t put the rest together because it was the piece for the gantry I did some wire sleeving. Not sure if I’ll leave all 4 colors or use the other options or maybe make the left one green and right orange. But being as I build custom computers felt like I had to customize it.

4 Likes

Built this simple 44x44 inch bench while waiting for delivery. Used pocket screw joinery for the first time and painted the MDF on top to help keep the moisture out. Can’t wait to build the CNC and test it out!

1 Like

Did you use 2x4" for the base?

Yes, it’s all 2x4 construction including the torsion box under the top too. Solid as a rock. I’ve jumped up and down on the top to test it out. :wink:

Nice,I used 1x4 for my top and it’s solid now have to build the base just debating on using 1x4s or 2x4s .
In the mean time my ocd kicked in with my wiring,

5 Likes

Do two of those wires have the same colour sleeving? OCD fail!

2 Likes

Yeah I did it on purpose more custom and if I could the single green would be same color but it’s closest I can get and it does drive me crazy. I was going to use different colors for each wire but didn’t like the look and being a custom computer builder I used a similar design I use for pc cables. But looks a lot better and cleaner than most and much better than the instructions.

This is sexy.

What r u using for the bracket that holds the 4 wires together

Using cable combs, there’s all sorts of styles but this was one of the cheaper ones.

Hello thats my X-Carve Workspace.

I have 50 feet silencing mats glued to the frame to prevent vibration and noise.

The silecing mats are also the side of the frame.

The worktop is not screwed, is placed on top of the frame and is located close to the silecing mats.
"And it works :slight_smile: "

Because the shipping cost and taxes for the waste board were too high, I have decided on an aluminum waste board. This I gave at a company in order. Its an 100% copy of the orig. Inventable waste board.

After receiving the aluminium waste board, I’ve Decided the 110 lbs board is not a waste board, its an “beast board” :slight_smile:

Best regards from Germany :v:

5 Likes