X-Carve Workspace Showcase

What are the Length and height dimensions of those Left/Right plywood upright side boards? My 1000mm is on order - its something i can be making in the meantime…Thanks!

I’m out of town, but the height is to the bottom of the x gantry, and is long as the y makerslides. I forget what kind of paneling it is, but it’s basically a thin piece of waterproof plywood.

I have a sheet of 1/4" Lexan or a sheet of Cyro 1/8 Matte Edge Glow Blue Acrylic to make it from - was wanting to know about the Height and Length dimensions of the fence??

I know that this post is almost a month old @StevePrior but it made me seriously laugh while I was sitting here reading all of these posts (and frankly, I needed that).

Love your shop - right now I’m in a small one-car garage so it’s tight quarters but I try to keep it as organized as possible so that I always know where things are.

1 Like

A 360 deg view of my wood shop.
Are there any other X-Carve users in the Grand Rapids MI area I am in Dorr Mi.

6 Likes

I could never take an image like that of my shed, it would show the mess that I usually hide when taking pictures. :grinning:

Phil, are you saying that when the pile of random objects are moving around on the bench, the x carve is running? :wink::grin:

1 Like

Hello I would like to introduce myself my name is Doug. I will be buying my 1000m x 1000m in the next day or two. I have a friend that is cleaning out his garage and he has 44" x 44" Kreg work station/ workbench that he has never used. He is willing just to give it to me but he has a neighbor that is willing to buy it. So I ask will 44" x 44" workbench be big enough for the 1000m X Carve. I don’t want to take the work bench if it can’t be used so my friend can sell it. And I’m not sure if I want to buy the side board for the X Carve so any recommendations would be great.

@DougRees I mounted my xcontroller underneath the table that I made. It’s completely out of the way and I can smash, I mean engage the emergency stop button really easy.

2 Likes

I like your set up. I was thinking of mounting the X controller under the table but I like the way you did it to get to the E stop if need be. I don’t like clutter on my work tops. Normally I wouldn’t pass up free work bench but he can sell it if I don’t take it and I’m limited on space so if 44" x 44" won’t work then I will pass on it.

My top is 44" wide x 41" deep and my top is oversized to fit in top of the road case it’s sitting on. You won’t have any problems getting your XC to fit as long as you don’t get the extension.

Absolutely!

Here is my little workshop I ran out of room 6 months ago lol I have a few machines that I have to push
outside everyday lol

can you spot the x-carve?

2 Likes

Wow that looks cool. Is it in the back right corner?

@Zach_Kaplan

yup lol I built a table for it in the back its now running a laser I still have to build a encloser for it so I can put it back to work

there is the other side of the shop

1 Like

My workspace :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what are you table tops made out of?

on table is 18mm laminated osb

Just got our 1000 x1000mm put together. Sits on top of a 48 x 44" cabinet with shop vac inside with 5" tall torsion box. This X-Carve will be a game changer for us, most of our custom car audio fab work has been done with the router tables.

7 Likes

Judging by all those mdf rings on the rack I bet it’s a car audio shop! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes