X-Carve Workspace Showcase

Pin in the garage is not a bad idea. One should really stay nearby the machine while it’s running a carve. I have a nasty habit of heading upstairs and watching it on a video monitor. Takes me 10-20 seconds to respond when something happens.

We only had one day to get this table build done.

Still need to add drawers and cabinet doors and some general cleanup. But at least we have our old build table back now

It is a full 4 feet x 8 feet

5 Likes

Looks great! Where did you get your vacuum hose hangar?

Part of the dust collection kit from inventables.

https://www.inventables.com/categories/machines/dust-collection

That looks great., a nice clean setup.

1 Like

Had a re-thimk about my bench. Went from this

To this.

Think I went a bit high tho. I can’t reack the far back corner :confused:
Still have to square it off and nail/glue it together

I just ordered one of these.

1 Like

That looks interesting. Maybe you can post some performance info when you get it up and running.

I will when I get it along with a review of the new Suckit for the CNC newbie mounts.

love to work in workshop like this

Parking it in a corner might be counter productive. I’ve fed long pieces of board through the machine for carving.

Agree 100%, mine is currently in corner and it’s a pain, I plan to move it down the wall and rotate 90’ counter clockwise so I can run long boards thru. Only challenge will be adjusting my thinking that X and Y are now reversed and zero is the bottom right corner. :yum:

Had our 500 x 500 in a corner have since moved it, as mentioned room for long pieces is a huge plus.

Cheers guys. I had the same thoughts myself… I’m going to pull it out 8 to 10 inches so I can get up the side and back of it. I don’t plan doin any long pieces in the near future. The plan wan to put it on casters but the floor is way off:frowning:

1 Like

How did you get that cute little gnome to appear under the table

1 Like

To celebrate cleaning my shop for the first time in two months…I decided to snap some pics of where my Xcarve lives…

I use the term cleaned my shop, very loosely. so beware if you have clean shop OCD LOL

I threw in a few pics of the rest of my shop so you can really see how its not all that clean at all.

5 Likes

@LanceCameron

whats with the creepy toy story doll head man?

1 Like

That’s Sally!

My two daughters are creeped out by her and hate her, I find her tossed in the garbage quite often lol.

It started as a commission by a customer who wanted a dolls head lamp, they brought me the head paid a deposit for the work, then dropped out of contact, so here she sits, my little creepy shop assistant, she keeps me in line and glares at me when I get distracted my things like woodworking videos on youtube and such. lol

This was kinda their idea for a office desk lamp, creeped the hell out of me but whatever floats your goat I guess.

34c97cc4b01fdf61b1e680dac02ecf99--doll-head-creepy-dolls

2 Likes

thats really cool lol I like those lamps

and yeah thats crazy how that happens right I have had a few customers do the same

1 Like

I liked the one in the pagoda, I love Japanese demon lore, I could step it up alot from that pic one plan I have is to add some old Japanese demon trap symbols and add some LED light strips inside the box as well as illuminate inside the head etc.