Targ's Workshop Build Log ... First Cuts

Matt,
I would like to build the XCarve Fold Down table. Can u share any plans that u may have?

Thanks,
Steve

Matt I would love to make one that is awesome anyway to get the plans or if anyone has them I would appreciate it. Thank you or anyone that has themes do them to. fatratt3@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Great idea, by chance do you have available plans? it looks like an awesome idea for my limited work area.

Sir, wondering if you still have the free plans available for you cart for the x-carve? strick119@gmail.com

just found your site can you send me a copy of your plans for x-carve table plz have cutting list bobcarr@live,co,uk ty

1 Like

Hey Paul, did you get those plans? If so, would you mind sharing? Thanks!

1 Like

Can someone share the plans if they have please

Thank you

1 Like

If anyone has the plans for this. Can they please please pretty please send em to Captcolesisler@gmail.com. TYIA

1 Like

They’re up there.

2 Likes

does anyone have a fusion360 file for this? I tried importing the igs, and its just a bunch of faces… would save me a few hours of converting if someone already did this.

Thanks
Jason

1 Like

HI All

My Version of the folding shop table for the X Carve.

4 Likes

@BrandonMcabee Looks great! I just built the table like the original design Targ had, but I haven’t mounted the dust collection hose yet because I’m not sure where to put it for the “folding” part of this table so that it can still fold down. Where did you end up mounting yours so that it can still fold down? Would you be able to post a picture of that part? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Matt

I installed the bracket that came with it on the back left side of the machine. I did not have to modify it at all. When the system is not in use the hose just wraps up on the backside of the table. Attached is the picture.

1 Like

Nice work. Looking at our last names I’m sure a some point, way back when, we are related.

1 Like

I bet

1 Like

Just finished the first drawer

3 Likes

Does anyone know if its a good idea to fill the cavities of the torsion box with something like great stuff, to reduce the possible noise that this box may create while routing? I am thinking a foam sealant may help deaden the amount of amplification a box like this could create. Also has anyone run wiring or small tubes for a poor mans conduit, to keep wiring tidy? Last question, what is the removable panel on the top for? What would you store inside that lid? There is a flush cover that goes on the very top surface above the drawers, Id like to know what that is for. Also, what drawer slides were used?

1 Like

I think you’d want to isolate the X-Carve from the table with some foam. Nevermind, I forgot this was about the folding table.

Looks like the controller, based on the pics.

Here is my folding table but I really love the drawer design for bits. Any chance you have a template I can get and play around with to set up my drawer?

1 Like

Check it out
Here is my folding table but I really love the drawer design for bits. Any chance you have a template I can get and play around with to set up my drawer?

[

3 Likes