Z wont function properly

Been using x-carve for almost 4 years now, all of a sudden Z wont work properly, wants to go up when I want it to go down…Have Direct drive, and also use J-Tech laser…Something has changed.

Xcarve GRBL settings - X-Carve - Inventables Community Forum

check for loose or damaged wiring.
and also IF its totally inverted, you can redo the machine setup and there’s a page where it asks you to test and verify proper directions, do this and answer the questions appropriately and easel will automatically correct the associated grbl setting.

I am trying to figure out why I had to disable my Z limit in order to get my Masuter Pro to be able to carve after using the z probe

I’m just guessing here based on what I have happened to me. The axis moves and contacts the switch, then reverses a certain distance. If your setting is not moving enough in reverse to open the switch…you might end up with where you are. Does it go to alarm mode?

See settings $20 through $27 in the chart below.

GRBL_Settings_Pocket_Guide_Rev_B.pdf (diymachining.com)

To get to the settings:

How to change the GRBL settings on the V-Carve - Software - Inventables Community Forum

Yes, it goes to alarm mode. I have my machine set up through Easel Pro, as I am a beginner cnc user.

Homing or Unlocked I have to close the browser - Easel / Easel Pro - Inventables Community Forum

Woke up at 2am with the answer to my Problem. I Manually entered the current GRBL code, and than used the set up new machine under Easel…Fixed it. Easy Peasy…