Z wont function properly

Been using x-carve for almost 4 years now, all of a sudden Z wont work properly, wants to go up when I want it to go down…Have Direct drive, and also use J-Tech laser…Something has changed.

Xcarve GRBL settings - X-Carve - Inventables Community Forum

check for loose or damaged wiring.
and also IF its totally inverted, you can redo the machine setup and there’s a page where it asks you to test and verify proper directions, do this and answer the questions appropriately and easel will automatically correct the associated grbl setting.

I am trying to figure out why I had to disable my Z limit in order to get my Masuter Pro to be able to carve after using the z probe

I’m just guessing here based on what I have happened to me. The axis moves and contacts the switch, then reverses a certain distance. If your setting is not moving enough in reverse to open the switch…you might end up with where you are. Does it go to alarm mode?

See settings $20 through $27 in the chart below.

GRBL_Settings_Pocket_Guide_Rev_B.pdf (diymachining.com)

To get to the settings:

How to change the GRBL settings on the V-Carve - Software - Inventables Community Forum

Yes, it goes to alarm mode. I have my machine set up through Easel Pro, as I am a beginner cnc user.

Homing or Unlocked I have to close the browser - Easel / Easel Pro - Inventables Community Forum

Woke up at 2am with the answer to my Problem. I Manually entered the current GRBL code, and than used the set up new machine under Easel…Fixed it. Easy Peasy…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.