Xcarve_JTech_grbl - latest release (9/1/2017)

This is a version of grbl that supports both spindle and laser based on grbl version 1.0c from Inventables. It contains the original changes by Andrew L. Sandoval to produce grbl version 0.9g for J Tech as well as some optimizations that I included for the laser functions.

Thanks to Jeff @picengravertoo and John @JohnChamplain for their help in testing this new version.

There are two build versions.

The first version (release 11/12/2016) is the base version for spindle and laser.

The second version (release 9/1/2017) is a modification of the first release to change the Dwell (G4) to allow smaller increments for Dwell.

The first version uses the standard 50ms floor with 50ms steps for the dwell and the second version uses a 1ms floor and 1ms steps.

9/1/2017 - added version with Dwell change
10/12/2016 - update (bug fix) ghosting
9/28/2016 - original release

First time users - you really need to read the readme.pdf

Xcarve_JTech_grbl_11_12_2016.zip (90.1 KB)
Xcarve_JTech_grbl_9_1_2017.zip (89.9 KB)

Vectric Products Post Processor files:

NOTE: Easel cannot send files created with these post processors (Easel does NOT do arcs [G2/G3]).

Vectric_X_Carve_inch.pp (3.9 KB)
Vectric_X_Carve_mm.pp (3.9 KB)

Vectric Post Processor Location:

If you use the default install directories, then the private post processors should be moved to this directory:

C:\ProgramData\Vectric\Product\Version\My_PostP

Example: for Vcarve Pro version 8.5 the directory would be:
C:\ProgramData\Vectric\VCarve Pro\V8.5\My_PostP

Further reading:

How to flash a grbl .hex file into the Arduino/X-controller. ( Xloader )

Xcarve_JTech_grbl ( usage notes )

Xcarve_JTech_grbl integration with PicSender. ( Instructions )

11 Likes

I downloaded UGCS again from the link on JTech website that Kenneth mentioned, they recommended 1.0,9 and that worked fine, I have been trying for a long time to get the laser on low power sending M03S10—M03S120----M3S10 --M3S100 and none turn the laser on, my settings are $30=255 $31=0 $32=1
so I tried to load Larry’s 1.0c on to grbl with his X loader, but had no luck with that either
I loaded
uno/ATmega328 --COM 3 baud rate115200 which are correct as the laser is working perfectly on those settings
I typed E:\Xcarve_JTech_grbl_9_1_2017
is all this correct

Post answered in the JTech Laser thread.